'74 Yamaha GT/MX 80

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone ever comes across a '74 Yamaha GT 80 I would be interested in it. The model without the lights.

I'll let you know. I think there's one for sale up here by Medina. It may be newer than a '74 though. Like a '78 maybe. I'll look into it and post up. --Tony C.

A childhood friend of mine just finished the restoration of his own 74 GT80. He's still looking for a NOS exhaust but the original is not to bad. I remember my Mom having this exact same bike in the candy maroon color. I"ll keep my eye out at Mid-Ohio vintage days..
010-25.jpg

Mine was the MX 80 version. Same bike without lights. Had yellow finders with strips and a black strip on side of tank like the YZs. Wish I had never got rid of it.

One just popped up on evilbay for $300 . Located in Georgia . Looks complete but says it has no compression . Nice builder .

hi i just picked up an mx80. i am not sure what year it is exactly. seems to be a 74 to 78 model. it is really clean. just missing carb and throttle cable. it has good compression but no spark. i think it just needs the points set. it came with an extra stator and coil. i will try and add a pic later. get back with me if your interested. i would take $150.

ok i got a picture i see you are in xenia, i am about 20 mins south of wilmington. 20120820_131915.jpg i posted it in vintage classified on this forum. thanks

Back