Open practice for kids

Original44

PR Addict
My son is eleven, and rides a KTM 65 and will be on a 85 by August. I've been taking him regularly to Apple Cabin. The mini track is awesome there and is prefect for his ability, but it seems like it has rained every Thurday this year. My son seems to be stuck in the middle right now, he's to big for most mini tracks and there is no way that I'm putting him on the big track with the big bikes. So are there any other tracks that have a mini track that is as good as Apple Cabin, or are there any tracks that run a split practice on their big track? If not why?

Give me a call. My neighbor is a member at Amherst. Although you may feel he is not ready for a larger track, when we usually go, there is no one there and Mitchy rips around the big track on his CRF50 and TTR50. My neighbor runs the track on his TTR110 and soon his RM65. The key for us was easing the boys in on the big track when no one is around. Then when we get to the LL races, he is comfortable on the bigger tracks. They have no problems running the big track and he is only on a 50.

Two that come to mind for Pee Wee Tracks are TV Land and OIR - both aren't too bad. OIR has open practice this weekend - not sure if they split their practices on the big track though. TV Land has been racing the mini's on the big track lately but doubt they split the bikes on open practices. Not for sure though.

Back