O.I.R New split practice day schedule

OIR_Old

PR Member
Due to the overwhelming turn out at yesterdays practice we will now run a split schedule. BIKES ONLY from 9 AM to 1 PM Then QUADS ONLY from 2PM TO 6 PM. We can provide a better track for both groups this way. Our next OPEN PRACTICE is JULY 24TH. We will start this new schedule that day. We hope this is good news and hope to see you there. Thanks again to everyone for your contiuned support.

Good to know. I'm not one to complain about the conditions of a track and stuff, but that is DEFINITELY needed if that many people are showing up. Some spots got very very hard packed and very slippery. I went down real good through the doubles before the finish because I landed and my front end just totally washed out.

Aside from that it will offer more track time to bikes. In my opinion, on a weekend if I am skipping going to a race, its either because I have other things to do and dont have a full day to spend at a track, or because I just want to get a lot of seat time in. Being that there were 4 groups out there at 20 min a piece, it was almost like riding at indoors in the winter, or like sitting around on race day. My plan was to come early and ride hard for a little bit and go home but with that big turnout that wasnt an option.

So splitting is a good call i think.

Just to offer some constructive criticism, I think some landings could be adjusted. They are real peaky. Didn't bother me at all, as I rarely was even landing on them.. but they just seemed a little unreasonably peaky and I could see that being a problem for some. Also some of the landings could be pushed out a little bit farther. The one coming out of the back section before the rhythm before the finish is soo small you just overshoot it by like 20 ft even if you try to scrub it or slow down.

Other than that I think things are good given the # of riders yesterday and I look forward to coming back.

Great idea. Look forward to coming back. Yesterday was a great chance to do a lot of laps at a great track.

i said the same thing. they need to get rid of the double double that used to be the rollers, and fix the downhill. thoes are the two main things people are complaining about.

the pro step up could easily be made into a table top landing since its very easy to over shoot, and that knee high table up top between to two turn should be about 4 feet high so you could seat bounce it and land right in to the turn.track was awesome though, i havent been there to ride in 8 years since they never had open practice, 2 kids puts racing on the back burner.i will be back for the next one though.
ktm 250 #7

Back