Jimmy Weinert training facility?

Was there over the winter. Very nice facility. We got there after some rain and everything was pretty wet. He let us go on the back track which is pretty much sand and corners.. few little jumps. He even got out on the tractor to build a few things for us while we were there riding it to make it a little more interesting.

There is an arenacross track which is pretty much a replica of what youd expect at a pro arenacross. The finish/catapult is a little smaller. The 2 SX tracks are sick, full blown pro sx tracks. Need to have pro license to ride them i believe unless he watches you on the arenacross track and gives you the OK.

The motocross track was a lot of fun. Very big and a good variety from whoops to jumpy technical sections to bigger outdoor style jumps. When we were there, it wasnt very busy or anything during the week due to it still being pretty cold for them southern people i think lol.. .but he let us in to use the gym and showers and stuff while we were there. Not sure if that was a normal thing or if he was just being cool to us.

Anyways I would go back in a heart beat and recommend it to anyone at any level.

Looks like fun & bet the old man can still smoke most people on the track & in the gym.

Brush up on your fitness training as the Jammer's dad made him do 100 push up before letting him race!
Watch the old DVD One Chance To Win from back in the day.

In 07 or 08 they had all quite a few old Pro's at Mid-Ohio Vintage Days & he still remembers how to cut the track!

Gald to see 40 years later he is still involved in the sport.

I was there the whole week before Atlanta SX. Place is great. Anybody and anyone may show up. Track is always changing. Jimmy is a hoot, although his knees are pretty bad so he really doesn't ride. That is done by the trainers if you go to the school. Very well thought out track design, and if you go for something bigger than your used too, there is plenty of run out so you don't swap into a fence or tree.

I posted an album on here months ago, so that should give you a little bit of an idea. Track is very loamy when wet, but the first day that we got there it wasn't watered and it got like concrete. I wouldn't expect that now, as a lot of people are training there for LL's. You can practice there for like 25 a day, and stay at the South of the Border Hotel for like 35 bucks a night (I think, maybe it was 28, can't remember but it was cheap) and ride to the track on your bike! How cool is that?

Back