Torque wrench

HalfPint

PR Addict
Are KD tools torque wrenches any good? had a craftsmen torque wrench it broke and there's no warranty on them

I have a KD torque wrench here in Iraq and someone drops it al least once a day. Works just fine so I give it thumbs up. This is a 3/4 drive 550 ft/lb though.

Well seeing how easy it is to strip the threads on bikes and how expensive they are. I would go for more than a junky department store torque wrench. They can be off by 6% and those delicate little aluminum threads cant take too much more than is specified.Think about how much you would use it and if you work on cars an trucks that will help you even out the expense of a more expensive unit.If you buy a click style torque wrench, reset it to 0 after use use it .Snap-on does sell a sweet one that is electronic and resettable from in. libs. to ft.lbs. to kgm. at the touch of the button goes from 6in lbs. to 99 ft.lbs.and is 3/8 drive yes it is more but it is sweet, and warrantied.All torque wrench should be recalibrated based on use and abuse.Any reputable tool man (Mac ,Snap-On, Cornwell, Matco Tool truck vendor will send it out for a recalibration) Happy Torquing.

Back