Red bud sunday pro am- holy crap!!

Dylan is at Red Bud today for the Pro AM. He just called and said there were two groups for 250A, 450A, plus a bunch of the B and C classes. 140 A pro am racers. No big deal right, two groups, qualify to the last moto. NOPE. For his first 250 A moto He said they stagger started 65 motorcycles and tried to score it WITHOUT TRANSPONDERS!!! Moto was 5 laps and he was in the second group and said by the end of the first lap the front of the second group was pulling thru the first. And look at the money you pay to enter the A class. I thought they were 20 mins like at Mt Morris? He said he thought he was somewhere in the front dozen in his group but he wasnt sure, and neither was my wife, and she's pretty good at it.

On a side note, he said the ruts are damn near radiator deep in the turns and fun as hell. By the way, Justin Barcia was in the second group with Dylan on a what I assume was one of Mike Laroccos CR250 Smokers as it had his name allover it and wore #5.

Barcia has the mono, hepatitis, screamers, butt blow by or whatever and cant get it together for the big race on saturday but has the energy to go beat on the low dollar boys on sunday????!!!!

Barcia has the mono, hepatitis, screamers, butt blow by or whatever and cant get it together for the big race on saturday but has the energy to go beat on the low dollar boys on sunday????!!!!

He was leading moto one and crashed pretty hard. For the second moto, they couldn't get his bike to start before the moto.

They tried to bump start his bike in the 2nd moto because they couldn't get it going again after the parade lap.....they dropped that gate and they messed with the bike for 2 laps before they gave up..

yeah, i think this was the first race i can recall that we were not reminded (repeatedly) by Jeff Emig or one of the other SPEED people of the mass of justin barcia ailments. I know when I was in high school I had the mono, it lasted forever and it sucked. I know I definetly wouldnt feel like messing with the amatuers on sunday in the 100 degree heat after spending saturday pushing my Honda in the 100 degree heat with the mono..lmao.

whats it matter who shows up for a pro am event? if you are trying to get your PRO license, it shouldnt matter who you have to beat, youll be racing plenty of pros.
i hope someone got some video of barcia rippin on that bike.

haters will hate. everybody would love to see a pro ripping on a factory two stoke no questions asked.

Back