sometimes i hate the sport that i love: RIP Josh Lichtle

bruceb

PR Addict
From Davi Millsaps...

"R.I.P. Josh lichtle you will always be missed you were an awesome guy God speed man. And all my thoughts and prayers go out to his family"

bruce

I heard some vague thing about him passing due to heat stroke at Red Bud?

Thoughts are with the family, whatever happened it is definitely tragic news.

I heard some vague thing about him passing due to heat stroke at Red Bud?

Thoughts are with the family, whatever happened it is definitely tragic news.

Seriously. Michigan native. That kids been through so much. Almost had his foot amputated, hard to believe this was because of heat stroke with the experience he had...

That's terrible.

Met Josh and his dad years ago at the RM cup when it was out at Washougal. He was such an awesome personality and the kid was just always having fun and he got it honestly because his dad was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. Talked to him again a few years ago when he came down to the Columbus indoor and even won one of the main events that night, same super cool kid loaded with personality. What a tragic lost to the world, not just out little motocross world. My thoughts and prayers go out to Josh's family and friends. God speed!!

I just re-read that article and it looks like there was more added to the bottom regarding heat policy.

Addendum: It should be noted that the AMA and MX Sports definitely do have a policy in place for hot days at the Nationals; the race doctors can speak up about the heat and recommend the races be shortened at any point during the race day, and if they do speak up, the sanctioning body will do what the doctors recommend. But as we understand it, the medical staff didn’t believe there was a reason to shorten the races or anything along those lines at RedBud. - Steve Cox

The really sad part is people have come forward and asked to address the problem and it was ignored. Like the article says hopefully he wont have died in vein !

RIP !!!

Just from watching the Allisports first motos alot of riders bring up the issue of how hot it was. Baggett was thought to have heat stroke as stated on the gate at highpoint, then bates interviewed Barcia and he said had a comment related to it being too hot and needing to be extra hydrated. So evidently the top athletes in the class were voicing views about the heat, I wish people would have listened to them more closely. Including myself, you don't really think heat stroke can happen to train-hardened mx athlete. I really hope they take a step back and look at the situation. I don't understand how a Doctor wouldn't realize that 118 degrees in full gear for 45 minutes wouldn't be an issue. People die of heat stroke in the shade with shorts and tank top on in that kind of heat!

Back