this will be a good one.... lets talk casey anthony trial.

barrington314

PR Elite
so the verdict is in. only guilty of 4 counts of lying to police, which caries a 4 year max sentence. we know she already did about 3 years, so its possible she will walk out next week.

I just read about this on Yahoo and then saw your post title "this will be a good one....." and I already knew what it was about!

Hard to believe. I didn't follow this much, but it seemed like it was a done deal from what I was seeing. I guess not.

well, i didnt pay much attention when it first happened. but since im at home now during the day, and direct tv has a channel that was showing it live, and ive always had an intrest in law, i watched it. i agree with this jury. there was reasonable doubt.

they dont even know the cause of death. people walk when they can prove causes of death. they dont know exactly when. they dont know why. they dont know how. the prosecution basically had a good theory, but no facts to back it up. im not saying i think casey didnt have anything to do with it. but there wasnt enough evidence to prove it and too many witnesses that contradicted eachother. if you just read the news headlines and didnt see the whole trial, its easy to say shes guilty.
it only takes 1 juror to say not guilty... in this case all 12 agreed. pretty obvious there was reasonable doubt.

Well, just what we need another piece of trash on the streets. I think her reaction to her child being missing and later dead had pretty much sold me on her being guilty of some level of involvement. Beyond ridiculous. I guess there's always Karma.....Maybe she will move to tornado alley? Let's all hope so.....

i didnt know anything about this (i dont watch the news) but as my facebook was blowing up with everyone talking about it i started to google it for the heck of it... the wiki page had some interesting things, assuming they are facts but who knows as its wiki.. i didnt go to any other sites to verify... but it almost seemed obvious to me...

for anyone interested in that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony

i didnt know anything about this (i dont watch the news) but as my facebook was blowing up with everyone talking about it i started to google it for the heck of it... the wiki page had some interesting things, assuming they are facts but who knows as its wiki.. i didnt go to any other sites to verify... but it almost seemed obvious to me...

for anyone interested in that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony

Wow. Just scanned through the Wiki stuff. I understand the "reasonable doubt", but that timeline shows a lot of questionable events. Will the jury now release their opinions/thought process or does that remain confidential?

they said that the jury didnt want to answer questions. idk if they release some kind of written report or not. would be interesting to see.
for those that keep saying its a no brainer that she should have been guilty, why did the 12 jurors all agree in a very short deliberation? do they have something to gain by letting her off the hook? no, just alot of flaming. lots of people hating on them for their decision.

Was listening on the radio heading home from work, I heard it stated that there was only circumstantial and no hard evidence linking her. A caller rang in to the boys on 610-wtvn on this and pointed out that if you go back a couple years during the Scott Peterson trial in California, there wasn't any hard evidence there either, but the jury said bye-bye!

if it doesnt fit, you must acquit.

I guess no legal system can be perfect, and ours has adopted the concept that letting a guilty party go free is better than convicting an innocent person. As I saw some video clips of the trial, I kept thinking "The truth is right inside that girls head. All of this time, money, and effort is about proving what is right there!" If someone could develop a way to track brain activity and actually read minds, we would be set!

I guess no legal system can be perfect, and ours has adopted the concept that letting a guilty party go free is better than convicting an innocent person. As I saw some video clips of the trial, I kept thinking "The truth is right inside that girls head. All of this time, money, and effort is about proving what is right there!" If someone could develop a way to track brain activity and actually read minds, we would be set!
aint that the truth. i cant imagine what was going through her mind. she is one messed up person. she made up a bunch of "imaginary friends". it was like a whole family and friends of the family and a nanny. had names and stories made up for each person. made up that she worked at universal. when police asked her where, she went to show them. walked right into the buildings, down hallways to offices until she couldnt go any further. wack job for sure. shell get her time. just like OJ. she will screw up again. if someone doesnt already beat her to a pulp.

yeah people don't like baby killers. If I was her I'd have some serious plastic surgery, facial reconstruction and change my name legally. It's funny the Anthony's are from Trumbull Ohio. Her mother went to high school in Warren or Niles....I was reading an article in the paper earlier today but can't remember specifics. The dad was a trumbull deputy or cop...tried running from clerk of courts and lost...

That doesn't matter, but it's like...really? Why would an innocent person go to all that trouble and lie about the things she did? And... Who better to cover up evidence than a cop?

They said it was a moldy pizza in the trunk....uh...maybe Anthony Sowell should use that testimony....I just had 11 pizza boxes around my house! That's what the smell was! Someone else brought all the bodies here!!

I find it hard to believe that after the O.J. debacle, anyone would be surprised by a jury verdict! The defense did a pretty good job, but ya, that Bit$# is guilty. She will have her judgement day and will not have her team of liars, oops i meant lawyers standing by her side. Until then, she will make millions on book and tv deals.

I had jury duty about a year ago, and we delivered a guilty verdict sending a guy up the river.

In the Casey Anthony trial, she is guilty of not assuring the safety and well being of her child. Guilty of not reporting the incident for 30+ days. Guilty of obstruction of justice in the investigation about the disappearance by spinning a web of lies and deception.

On these facts alone, no matter how poorly the Prosecutors laid out the case, the jurors needed to deliver a guilty verdict to see to it that due justice is served on whatever happened to that little girl and for what the mother is guilty of.

If discovered later that someone else murdered the child, then she can ask that the trial be re-opened.

shes a free women on wednesday.paid interview upon interview, talent agencies blowing up her phone, and the book deal.
its funny to hear people say "oh someone will end up killing her...". really? you think someone is gonna take the death penalty for her? i do think she will be harrassed very badly when seen in public. id move far far away and like george said, change my name.

Prosecution muffed this one from the beginning trying for a home run (murder one/death penalty).
Would of/could of got a lesser coviction I believe.

Maybe she could go into hiding and do D-11?

Back