So, here I am...thinking.....

Scoob

PR Founding Father
.....about what I really should do about my sitcheation. For those that do not know, I blew my bike up again in Silver Lake. It was about mid-week, but the first ride out with buddies. Good thing there is plenty to keep my attention up there, but was a bummer. I got some decent riding in. Thought about it most the last day....

Anywho, found a dealer in WV that to me, seems like a decent deal on a new 2012 KX450. Still a couple thou' more than my 2003 KX250 brand new, but hey, we're talking 9 years here.....hmm....

Still plan to fix the '07, sell the motor or trade for a KX500 and all, but in the immediate future I gotta make it to Red Bud in August and was riding pretty well I though pre-Silver Lake Sand Dunes..... Of course I know everyone's response as it isn't your money, but just thought I'd get it out there....

You only live once
You cant take your money with you
Let your kids pay for everything after your gone
Whats the sense in having the money if you dont spend it

Ect

OK, first - let's get the idea that you're going to Red Bud for Vet Fest out of your head.......... it's never gonna happen and you're #1 on the will not show up list!

Second, you will never have enough money or time to keep 2 bikes running......... part out the 07 now and use the money to buy the 12 that will last you for at least a year without much extra cost other than oil changes and air cleaners!

Third - What are you saving the money for?

Yes, why save when you can invest in fun material depreciative assets ?! 450 do It to it.

Robin...why are hussies cheaper than Ktms in price ?

Here's the thing that happened witht he Hussies, KTM gambled and made a ton of the new Hussies for 2010 in production runs after the 2009's were very well received by the magazines and riders with it's radical new engine design.......... The economy tanked worldwide, and no one was buying really expensive dirt bikes with $9400 - $10,500 MSRP's (the prices of the Husaberg model range). That left tons of the bikes left over in warehouses around the world with aging model years that they couldn't sell.............. so they lowered the prices to the dealers through huge rebates to be able to sell them. Word on the street is that Husaberg (KTM parent company) isn't even bringing in any 2012 4 strokes to the USA at all since there are so many 2010 / 2011's already in the warehouse that they have to sell yet. They are only bringing in 2012 Husaberg 2 strokes (250 and 300 sizes) which actually are 2010 style model year KTM XC's with blue Husaberg plastic and Yellow frames. That's the reason that Hussies are less then KTM's......... it's a supply / demand type thing.

You only live once
You cant take your money with you
Let your kids pay for everything after your gone
Whats the sense in having the money if you dont spend it

Ect

I like the way you think, but already been living that way somewhat. ;) I'll let you know at Red Bud what I went with. :)

Scoob, do you have a KX 450F frame? If so thats the hot frame setup for the KX 500 AF conversion. Just need to find a motor. Ever try KX Riders? They have a huge section on the 500 AF conversion and also on a SF...thats steel frame conversion, like the 250 perimeter frame.

Scoob, do you have a KX 450F frame? If so thats the hot frame setup for the KX 500 AF conversion. Just need to find a motor. Ever try KX Riders? They have a huge section on the 500 AF conversion and also on a SF...thats steel frame conversion, like the 250 perimeter frame.

Ol' yeah. Old news really. Some might get aggrevated we talk about it anymore. :) That's the long term plan of the '07. Just not ready to give up a 450 for racing yet. Until I create the AF, it will be more of a dune and maybe trail ride for me.

Figure I'll fix the '07 450 motor, then sell it or trade for a complete KX500 at this point. I have my eyes set on a 2012 KX450, but planned to wait until spring....

I'll bet that 2005 KX250 is a sweet ride though.....

Back