Helmet Cam of Beans Rd from July 24, 2011 with Crash on Husaberg

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
So I headed to Beans Rd today for some free open practice for Loretta Lynn's Qualifiers (Thanks BJ!!!) and got there to a pretty muddy and deep slop track. But you never know when the rain will come at Loretta Lynn's so I figured some mud practice was in order and I'd be first one out and cut the lines into the track, so I'll like the lines!

I went out and rode by myself for about 1/2 an hour and broke in some lines through the slop and others came out and played after that. The track got really good in most places by my 3rd time out and Rich Silvers had arrived to ride too and pulled out in front of me a few laps in........... of course he was taking all my lines (the only path really cut in) and so I was trying to avoid some roost and take some crossing patterns when I slid out really fast on the gas after the step up.......... I got pitched high side at speed from the Hussy and felt like Trey Canard looked on Sat at Washougal....... except that I got up and rode my bike back to the pits instead of waiting for the backboard, what wussies those factory guys are, I still had to drive myself home.

Anyway, enjoy the video and crash at the end........ let's hope that's my last one for a couple of weeks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LodT1Op4Qs

My eight year old said he did not think it looked like much of a get off......but then again he is eight! Glad you walked away injury free.

Fourth gear on the gas with a power on slide out into rear wheel catching and high siding throwing me into the air off the bike........ it was scary for a moment!

I bet. I tried to explain to Matthew how far you are actually away from the bike at the end of the video. Got lucky too that the ground was a little soft today.

OUCH! You don't need to be crashing like that so close to LL...good luck at the ranch Rocket!

Thanks Greg, and just pushing hard for training and some mud / slipperry riding just in case. It was enough of a crash to bend my protaper bars and finish my riding for the day......... but I'm fine and will back at it on Wed at Smith Rd.

Well you've trained in all conditions, had a near sketchy get off, now there's only one thing left to do.......get some LL luck. Better go buy a rabbits foot or something, but in lieu of that crap, Good Luck Rocket!

Rocket - that reminds me a lot of Pit's crash video from Beans a year or two back, minus the legs floppy over his head and the curse words. Glad you're OK.

Game on !!!

I heard a rumor that Rocket has a bionic pinky toe, Lucky you have a KTM or it kick your butt !

I thought the same thing Pit thats funny. I did go to my buddies while in town today and watched the video.It was cool i got to get highspeed,im missing out on all the cool stuff.Good luck Robin you looked good Sunday!

Thanks BJ, track was great for the rain and gave me some much needed mud practice that I hadn't gotten in quite some time!

Ouch. I think that's exactly what I did to one of those Demo 150's at Briarcliff. I think where I crashed the dirt was a lil softer though!

Never mind about the rider, I am sure he has what it takes, and toughness has never been an issue. The bigger issue is....pause, can that shameless whore (definition of a Hussy) for a bike have what it takes to wrap up a title. Mitchy's Honda CRF50 sounds like it puts out more horsepower! You need a YZ Rocket! Your halfway there with the blue colors. Mind as well finish it right!

Have you seen what the new YZ's have done to the careers of those that have gone that way with Yamaha's poor attempt to imitate Husabergs mass centralization theory........

The "fastest man on the planet" is now the fastest man to take a dirt nap all on his own and staying away from the outdoors..........
The "fastest officer on the MPD" is now limping around for months.........
The "fastest student of MTF" is now struggling with knee problems..........
The "fastest spender of cash on JGR mods" is now without a bike..........
The "fastest rookie / privateer of Outdoors last year" is now not riding outdoors and waiting to see what to happen next year..........

Looks like I'll take my chances with my Blue Hussy and the Hussy Bus!!!! Wanna wager on my overall Vet B finish this year vs your overall Vet B finish last year??? 2005 YZ250 finish vs 2010 Husaberg FX 450 finish? And my bikes a year out of date already!

Back