vintage harescrambles

mswartz

PR Addict
Anybody know of any vintage harescramble races? Im not talking about one bomber bike at the CRA races, but an actual series or something. Went to mid ohio yesterday and watched some of the vintage races. Man, that looked like fun.

k01

PR Elite
Action Sports is running a vintage and a pv class at their GP events. http://www.actionsportsracing.com/grand_prix.html They hosted an AHRMA national earlier this month. I'm the only one to sign-up for the PV class so far. I was thinking about vintage next time out. The track is excellent and perfectly prepped for the 11:00 session. A lot of the woods is like good old time motocross through the trees. Sure would be great to get some other old bikes out there.

A write-up on the AHRMA race... http://www.todayscyclecoverage.com/...f-ahrma-national-with-two-cross-country-wins/

NQ1965

PR Elite
The Vintage Days hare scramble was a lot of fun, but it was also a lot of work! Some spots very tight, and with somewhere between 50-60 bikes on the woods loop at one time while we were out there, it got congested and bottle necked quite a few times, with limited opportunities to make pass's.

I have to say...."for me".....The AHRMA CC race at Action Sports was funner, and probably a little safer as well.

The wider trail path's and incorporating mx track into the loop definitely makes it a blast.

Jim598

PR Addict
has anyone heard who, or even if it is true about the vintage harescramble racer who died at mid-ohio while racing?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
has anyone heard who, or even if it is true about the vintage harescramble racer who died at mid-ohio while racing?

I do not know who it was but I did hear about this on Sunday. I believe it was heart or heat related, not crash related. This is just what I heard in the pits Sunday, in no way can I confirm any of this.

NQ1965

PR Elite
In end-of-life discussions with Nancy, I have often said that my hope is that when I reach a ripe old age and you or someone happens to find me wadded up in a smoking jumbled crashed motorcycle heap, and I'm dead, then I died a happy man, in my element and living life to the fullest to the very end.

But 53 years young is way too soon for that.
Damn shame!