What is wrong with people?

stangbro01

PR Addict
So im trying to sell or trade my 08 rmz 250 that only has 5 rides since new, 3 of them from the original owner around his yard, 2 from me at private tracks. the bike has never seen mud and is basically brand new still. I posted that i would trade for a nice 125 plus cash. i get people offering me 02' s and $300. so i tell them i would need around 1k for something like that. they respond with whooooaa like that is out of line. and honestly i would rather have an 05 or newer 125 with even around $800 thrown in.

I just dont see why people would think i would basically trade strait up for a bike thats worth less, is older and has who knows how many rides compared to a couple year old 250f that is basically brand new still.

does this sound resonable? opinions?

noone wants a crapped out rmz 250. thats the problem. you should be giving them guys money for taking such a turd off your hands.

I completely agree with you on this one. I have frequently listed units on CL and have lowball offers ((40% less then list price)) before the bike is even seen, then people act mad at me for being a jerk? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

I don't know what is wrong with people, but I gladly take their money when they buy a clapped-out POS then bring it to me to fix. I guess it goes both ways.

All I know is some people are on crack with what they are asking for bikes and especially quads. I look on cl sometimes when I'm bored and will see a 2001 yz125 for like 2200 or something insane. Or I will see a 1987 400ex for like 2000. I just sold my 125 on there and was lucky no one lowballed me at all.

I just lowballed for an 05 YZ 125 and got it, that's why peeps do it. Ya just never know if you will win. :)

There's a YZ 125 2009 with JMS mod cylinder and new crank for 3k, and also there is a 2010 with 80 hours on it for $4200. Looking further I noticed there are sellers wanting $2500 for 02 and 01 models (like new). Hope the older bike sellers get what they are asking, but it might be tough.

All I know is some people are on crack with what they are asking for bikes and especially quads. I look on cl sometimes when I'm bored and will see a 2001 yz125 for like 2200 or something insane. Or I will see a 1987 400ex for like 2000. I just sold my 125 on there and was lucky no one lowballed me at all.

They didnt make 400ex's till 1999. Not doubting that you saw it on creeplist though.

Good eys lol. That is actually what I meant.

And more power to the people selling the old bikes if they can get top dollar but who wants to spend 2000 for an 01 or 2 when you can get much newer for same price or a kiddie more. If a 2000 has ften hours on it the bike still is a 2000 and worth hardly anything now according to nada. I found a brand new 2002 cr125 I was looking at for 2500 but the second I by it it would have been worth 900

all i know is i see pretty nice 02 and newer 125's for 1500 all day on c list so for me to trade my bike for something like that without asking at least a grand to me i would be getting ripped off bigtime.

Back