Anyone have a spoke torque wrench to sell?

sdjclevland

PR Addict
I am looking for a spoke torque wrench that is in good shape and not garbage if anyone has one to sell me hit me up. Sorry I did not see a wanted section in classified.

jdio121

new pm me

Yeah I figured I would try to find one for a good price so I don't have to guess. I know you don't reall need it but figured I would try to pick one up. I make a mistake and passed up one for a real good price that I should have got

Never used one in my life.........use my judgement on spokes...

Yeah, those things don't measure spoke tension. All you are doing is measuring resistance at the end of the spoke, which in your MX wheel is all crapped up and corroded anyways. You can get a torque reading twice as high as what a wheel should be but have a loose spoke!

I agree with John250 and Scotty810, the only way to get accurate spoke torque readings is on new spokes that have been assembled with lube on the threads. IMO just save your money on the spoke wrench.

I agree with John250 and Scotty810, the only way to get accurate spoke torque readings is on new spokes that have been assembled with lube on the threads. IMO just save your money on the spoke wrench.

Yep.

If you tighten to get the rim running true and straight and then make sure they're all snugged up, your good to go. If anything, a t-wrench will throw things out of whack due to some spokes binding a bit and other spokes turning freely.

I used to take my wheels apart and grease the spokes and nipples and relace them on new bikes. It doesn't take long for the steel and aluminum to be corroded together.

Use de-ox! we use it in the electrical field where we have copper wire in a aluminum lug, I personally use it anywhere two disimilar metals make contact

Back