AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days photo gallery link

James

PitRacer Pro
Here you go, guys. As always, these are free to view, download, share, etc. The largest available size is pretty decent. Enjoy:

http://gallery.americanmotorcyclist.com/AMA-Racing/2011-Vintage-Grand-MX/18261162_RGnvWg

Hare scrambles will be up shortly.

Cory did a great job. A few samples...

IMG0623-M.jpg

IMG0668-M.jpg

IMG0702-M.jpg

IMG0758-M.jpg

IMG0848-M.jpg

IMG0954-M.jpg

Attachments

• IMG0610-M.jpg
    IMG0610-M.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 294
Agree with Pit...great pics of Saturday's races. Anything from Sunday's post vintage races?

Absolutely on the post-vintage stuff. Cory shot both MX days, the trials, the hare scrambles and the dirt track. We'll get it up ASAP. (Action and podium.) Another shooter was over at the roadrace track, but that's going up, as well.

Thanks for all the support -- and patience!

James-

Thanks for posting all the pictures as we were not there & enjoyed looing at them.

Maico Mark

Thank you very much for posting the link of PV day!

Yeah, sour grapes since I've not shown up in any of AMA pics last year or this year....both years there are certain riders that show up many times in multiple pics. Is it because the photographer knows those riders and doing them a solid or are those riders just more photogenic?

Constructive criticism for the future...If there were more pics of the starts/first corner, more riders would be in those kind of pics and more riders would then end up having a pic of themselves.

Thank You!

A lot of your shots do a great job of capturing the action of the moment and the environment. I particularly like browsing through the vintage shots. Nice Job!

Thank you very much for posting the link of PV day!

Yeah, sour grapes since I've not shown up in any of AMA pics last year or this year....both years there are certain riders that show up many times in multiple pics. Is it because the photographer knows those riders and doing them a solid or are those riders just more photogenic?

Constructive criticism for the future...If there were more pics of the starts/first corner, more riders would be in those kind of pics and more riders would then end up having a pic of themselves.

Mooch, sorry for the late reply!

The photographer was a contractor hired for this event and was instructed to shoot the field. That said, he did have to pull double duty by shooting both the trials and post-vintage motocross on Sunday. (A second contractor was shooting the roadracing.) Because of that, I would be surprised if he didn't miss some PVMX motos while he was in the woods.

I will ask Corey if he has any more post-vintage stuff and add it to the gallery if so.

Thanks James for having photographers onsite for photos! They look great!

As an ex-photog myself I understand the issues trying to get everyone. It's tough to stand on the track all day long and not take a break, and it's even tougher when there are multiple races going on at different areas. I certainly appreciate the work to try to capture everyone.

Dayum Kurt, thank you for posting that link!

Not sure if you know who "Alan927" is or if you just happened to come across his site, but if you do know him, I want to thank him for getting a number of great shots where I'm even in them!

Even if you don't know him, the least I could do is give Alan927 a "like" on the facebook icon on his page.

Sorry Mark, I just stumbled on them via google...noticed some shots from earlier VMD's too.

Thanks James for having photographers onsite for photos! They look great!

As an ex-photog myself I understand the issues trying to get everyone. It's tough to stand on the track all day long and not take a break, and it's even tougher when there are multiple races going on at different areas. I certainly appreciate the work to try to capture everyone.

Thanks, Pit. He wasn't complaining at all, but Friday was the long day -- starting in the morning with hare scrambles and ending well after dark on a very wet infield in Ashland (although the track itself was perfect).

Back