Tire selection for red bud

Jason145

PR Addict
Racing Red Bud in August and was just wondering what tire everyone uses? 1st off i ride a 250 smoker and have always used a starcross MS3, not saying i will or need to change but curious as to what otheres prefer.

i have run the 756 front and rear the past 2 years there and they seem to work well in the sand.

Racing Red Bud in August and was just wondering what tire everyone uses? 1st off i ride a 250 smoker and have always used a starcross MS3, not saying i will or need to change but curious as to what otheres prefer.
Depends on weather of course (rained for vetfest the last 2 years). I only use pirelli's. Normal conditions I run a midsoft rear with a soft front and for wet conditions the soft terrain rear (looks like a paddle tire but its actually a knobby) with an old school bridgestone sand tire I refuse to get rid of even though its missing a few knobs. Man I'm really gonna miss that one this year. Even though my wife continues to improve she still has a long way to go. Maybe next year. Mcclain if you read this post I was looking forward to beating you this year straight up instead of you laying in the middle of the track every moto. lol

Back