cylinder rechroming

Spagina

PR Elite
i have a cylinder for a 05 yz 250. when i took the bike apart it had a scratch in it, on the right side about the whole length of the stroke... the ring must have stuck or something. its enough that im sure it cant be honed out. can it just be chromed or do i have to get it re sleeved? the scratch isnt very deep at all but you can defiantly feel it with a finger nail. the bike ran when i took it apart, i guess im just lucky that i didn't grenade the bike.

i was going to send it to millennium technologies in Wisconsin, but does anyone know of anywhere else to get this done? id rather send it locally, it would be quicker and im looking for somewhere with good prices.

I just had a YZ 125 cylinder done. It was $209 to nikaseal it. It ate a ring and had a scratch on the wall. We were putting things back together tonight and realized the power valve was broken. Wonder if that had anything to do with it eating a ring. Call Anthony at Route 20 Powersports at 440-774-1101. He can tell you who he uses and I think it is in PA near you. Cylinder looks great by the way. Also try Powersealusa.com, they are also in PA to compare. Good Luck.

Marc did I recall you having a big bore 125? I had a yz250f cylinder done by Mullenium Tech. Mullenium also does Cylinder Works stock and big bore cylinders(plating). I havent recieved it back yet but have only heard good things.

See I had a stock cylinder from Cylinder Works that was brand new and needed re-plating after 15 hrs! Needless to say I thought that was a little short for my riding style. When I called and explained it to Mullenium Tech they said" we actually do the plating for all Cylinderworks stuff." Hoping this new plating last longer than 15 hrs.

Back