Anyone race the Medina Fair?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I thought it was pretty damn good-- the track was so fun (even though I was having suspension issues). The racing moved right along, and they had 27 classes done by 10:30pm. I think the MX race keeps getting a little better every year. Sign up was smooth and quick too.

Only bad thing is that it's kinda hard to get a track down with only 4 laps of practice... with a single moto format, it would be nice to get two practice sessions so you can ride more than 8 laps all night. If the riders had had a few more practice laps-- there probably woulda been less drama from the grandstand triple. If you were doubling-- it was really easy to over jump onto the face of the third one. A few extra practice laps would have helped get it dialed. (It was kinda funny how the ambulance crew was stationed right after the triple... haha!) No biggie tho.

With a Fair race-- it is what it is I guess. The track has to go up and down in one day. Thanks alot to everyone who helped put on the event- I thought it was a really fun and well run race. --Tony C.

How much did those 8 laps, probably less than 8 minutes of riding cost for the night......Fair races are money makers for sure.

Not sure, i only raced my pit bike. The gate fee was $15, and it was $20 to race. It wasn't too bad because i only live 10 minutes away, so gas and travel wasn't an expense. Plus-- I got to have the two elephant ears, and fresh squeezed lemonade I get per year after the race is over... Maybe they should have it for two days. Let the Quads and minis race one night, then have the rest of the bikes the next night with a two moto format. The bikes have to be a bigger draw for the spectators than the smash up derby they had Monday night. --L*64

I agree, the motocross is a big draw, more so than some of the other tug a truck and demo derby these days.

They get the most "fans" in the grandstands thats for sure!!! Pretty sure its the one that gets the highest number of riders also.....and I gotta give a BIG shout out to Cycles R Us.... Those guys must have gave away 20 cases of T-shirts....me and the boy got ours :eek:).....

We love the large number of MX fans in the stands at Medina. They do get better and more efficient every year. The only bad thing I have to say is the fair charging you $15 to get in and provide the entertainment which actually fills those stands for them is a bit steep. Thats what put Coshocton on the top my list of fair races! - last year it was free for the rider and one support person to get in. My wife, son, and I got in, my son and I raced, and it cost me $40 total. Can't top that at any track! I do think most of the county fairs are getting a little steep and greedy for their cut when you consider the promoter bears all the expenses, and does all the work, and takes all the monetary risk.

Cycle R Us has to spend more money promoting it than the fair does!

Was Cycles R Us the ones who put the race together independent of the fair? If so-- they did a really nice job, and the track was about perfect. it held up all night w/o any water, or periodic grooming. It was fun to ride, everything was doable, and it showed well for the spectators. A+ ---Tony C.

Tina,
We were there but you didn't see us. I took the dog with me and had iffy feelings about it and we couldn't take him in. I didn't have time to run him home and come back. :-( I love fair races, bummer we missed this one.

Kelly,
I would not have been able to chat anyway....We were really busy.....and .man them things are tough to score....holy moly mama...you can not blink or look down....just keep on writin numbers... they got a pretty good turn out over 250 I think...and Im almost positive every body got up and walked off on there own! So it went well I think :eek:)...Aj's bike was still down from his come off at malvern so Him and his buddies came to walk around.... And believe me that cost WAAAAAAAY more then it would of if he raced!! lolol

Was Cycles R Us the ones who put the race together independent of the fair? If so-- they did a really nice job, and the track was about perfect. it held up all night w/o any water, or periodic grooming. It was fun to ride, everything was doable, and it showed well for the spectators. A+ ---Tony C.

Hey guys ,this is Bee. Myself ,Kevin from dirt dawgs and Josh Built this track and will build the remaining faircross series, hope to see everyone next week. Wow three Fair races in one week, then ending up at Malvern Friday night. Good thing I took vacation!

You guys do a great job with the tracks, far better than the other fair series. We would like to see them a little wider for passing, but room is tight I understand. See ya next week!

I was fine with paying $15 to get into the race and the fair. I don't think they should have charged me another $15 for my 4yr old daughter....I was NOT happy at the gate...and they knew it...

"sorry sir, 2yrs old and up pay full price..." she told me I could talk to the fair board member sitting on the golf cart...I told her "I doubt that the 400lb sweaty fairboard member can help me but...thanks tho..."

Back