What caused this?

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Clutch shattered and plugged oil pick up. What would of made this clutch do this?

clutch-1.jpg

oilfilter.jpg

crank.jpg

scottie-5.jpg

This happened to Jonnys bike when I torqued the counter shaft nut by putting the bike in gear and using the brakes and clutch to hold the motor in place. Too much pressure on the clutch and the plate broke. Caused tons of internal damage when the fibers plugged all the oil holes...
Not sure if this is the same, but its what happened to us.

This happened to Jonnys bike when I torqued the counter shaft nut by putting the bike in gear and using the brakes and clutch to hold the motor in place. Too much pressure on the clutch and the plate broke. Caused tons of internal damage when the fibers plugged all the oil holes...
Not sure if this is the same, but its what happened to us.

How long before yours broke after replacing it? The clutch hasnt been touched since before area 51 llq so it had some good time on it.

Same thing happened to CJ's 125. The disk shattered and the clutch basket lost a few pieces too. What brand of clutch was it? Ours was a brand new clutch and it broke after 2 rides

i used to have that problem with one of my RM250's. the basket would get grooved so bad that the plates would catch and snap. i fixed it by using kaw plates instead of suz. check your basket and see how it looks

Back