Stolen bikes in mentor on the lake

DelBalso28

PR Addict
STOLEN BIKES in Mentor-on-the-Lake. 09 KX250F & 07 YZ250F

Last night (early saturday morning 8-6-2011) between midnight and 3am, some people broke into my garage and stole these two bikes along with like $2500 worth of riding gear.
i live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and barely any moto-dudes know where i live, which leads me to believe it was some neighborhood cowards. my girlfriend left for work at 12:00am, and i came home at 3:15am. i just got a new car two weeks ago, and my truck and van were still in the driveway, so i believe people were watching and knew we werent home. I just went riding this past thursday, so i know it happend last night.
the 2007 yz250f didnt have wheels or a throttle assembly on it and they still carried it out, will probably be sold for parts and such. Things to notice is it wont have an oil tank. i converted the bike to a wet sump system and chopped all the stock oil tank mounts off the frame. black anodized shock and fork bodies, red radiator hoses, pretty much everything was modded in some way. again probably gonna be sold for parts, but you never know.

The 2009 kx250f is race ready, probably will be stripped of decals and sold. things to look for are the green hubs with a black shock spring. its not a monster edition bike, i just laced up the green hubs to it(monster edition also included a green shock spring.) I had to drill out an extra hole on the subframe for the Yoshimura pipe cause the hole didnt line up to the stock one for some reason, so that may be noticeable too. it has oversize bar mounts and a step seat, pretty sure theyd leave that stuff alone. everything else is subject to change on the bike.

gear includes, alpinestars tech 10&7 boots. Troy lee SE2 helmet(peace and wheelies design), evs carbon KTM web knee braces, leatt neck brace, 2 sets of fox gear(name and # on jersey, theyd be dumb to sell that), 5 pairs of spy goggles, sweaty socks and boxers, black thor gear bag. i guess if someone is selling all that on ebay or something itd be noticeable that its mine(just check sellers other items if something suspicious turns up)

Cops have the titles along with some evidence, so just please be on the look out, and check VIN#s if purchasing any bikes in the near future. any info call me at 440-463-8917-thank you for your help
2007 YZ250F- JYACG27C47A004394
2009 KX250F- JKAKXMWC19A000166

Attachments

• 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 336.jpg
    336.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 284
i txtd just about everyone i know in that area and such.. and more. sucks so bad dude. until u have a chance to get some new stuff or whatever if u wanna ride the other bike im sure i got enough stuff layin around we can make that happen

my buddy lives on fern like a street over..told him to definitly keep his eye open

i txtd just about everyone i know in that area and such.. and more. sucks so bad dude. until u have a chance to get some new stuff or whatever if u wanna ride the other bike im sure i got enough stuff layin around we can make that happen

my buddy lives on fern like a street over..told him to definitly keep his eye open
Cool thanks. I'll be riding early this week at my dads or dirtworld Thursday. I'll probably be able to scrap some gear together to get out there, I'll let you know if I need anything

let me know .. it was my fuel pump thats screwed up waiting to hear on whether or not KTM is going to warranty it and hoping to get a new one asap if i get one im in for either

Its terrible to hear this kind of crap. Sounds like you got some distinctive bikes though so you ma have some luck.

Crute your KTM fuel pump go bad? I really wish they would have just left the carbs alone on these newer bikes. Who really wants to pay for a fuel pump! It seems like this happens way to often on all brands. I havent ridden anything fuel injecton........and Im not sure I want to lol. Actually would not mind picking up a 250 so when my 4 strokes down I know I got something dependable in the garage.

Yeah I think so. Theres a bunch of guys over on thumpertalk having problems with the bike just dieing and such. At first we thought it was all heat related and stuff..but its not. Had the problem and switched out to a good tank and the bike was fine the rest of the day.. hard to say 100% as the issue was kind of random but pretty confident that was it.

A FI 4 stroke is amazingly crisp and awesome to ride... but yeah.. I don't know crap about working on it and its kind of scary thinking about all the little issues that could happen that could cause the thing to quit running (while riding, at a bad time). I'm extra paranoid as I've had too many bikes lock up at bad times (on faces of jumps)....

We'll see what KTM says about warrantying it.. bike only has 23 hrs on it.

5 pages of discussion about it here if anyone is interested http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001905

I love advances when the are advances in technology. I guess it will have to run its course to truly become a dependable system. However some things are better just left alone. There are a lot of other things Id prefer a bike to come with over FI. Id be livid if KTM didnt handle it. Sometimes I feel like we riders are suckers lol. Where does it end? 7k for a bike and a this new great FI system craps out on all of em? I remember seeing I think Short and Townley one year lose top 3 spots because of this "wonderful" FI. When was the last time a carb left you pushing your bike back? Just gready factories wanting to turn these things into 10K machines. Hopefully they take care of it for you though!

yeah man i'm hoping... im pretty confident in my mind that if they don't i will fix it and get rid of it.. and either get a 250sx or always kind of been interested in the honda 450.. but idk. heard the 11's had quite a few of their own issues too. maybe a kaw...who knows!!!

UPDATE ON STOLEN BIKES

They were seen at 5:30 this morning driving east on Route 2 in between heisley/44 near Mentor/Painesville area in the back of a red extended cab s10 with a tarp over the bikes.

someone thought it was strange and called it in, but unfortunately didnt see a post about the bikes being stolen until later in the day.

man i wish i would have saw them i probably would have got to find out if my truck can successfully run over an s10 or not.

One tip I just got puts these bikes in a red extended cab S10 seen at 5:30am this morning, driving on RT-2 East between mentor and Painesville Ohio. There was a tarp over the bikes but the guy said he clearly saw and knew the one was my bike. He didn't see my post on here until later this afternoon so he didn't think too much of it. That's a start I guess though.

yeah your luck stacy it would shut off on the face of a huge triple where you would definitely wad yourself up bad.

I'll see you guys at Dirtyworld thursday.

I told you KTM parts were expensive but you didn't listen,Georgie did look what he's riding! haha

Ha, I got a lot less invested for a lot more 2 stroke fun!!

FYI: I have theft insurance on my bike for 78 bucks a year. Covers bike and aftermarket parts. Get the insurance people!!!

I think I have a $250 deductible on mine, and when I had one stolen, it paid NADA retail plus tax and the accessories that I had receipts for. Well worth the price of insurance, even if you're riding a $1200 bike.

Back