Rocket Robin will appreciate this!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
2 stroke Hussies for 2012 in USA. WOOO. But I believe the downside is they aren't selling 4 strokes...economy reasons. But these 2 smokes look sweet.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2011/07/2012-husaberg-introduction/

Husasidefull.jpg

Nice, you can still buy a new 3 yr old KTM, except blue. After briefly owning an 09 FE450, I'm not sure that no more Husaberg 4 strokes is a downside lol.

Well, I can say that I already knew about the Hussy Two Strokes in the USA for next year, they were rumored to be coming for 2011 but never showed up. KTM gambled with the new Hussy engine design in 2009 and waited to see how it was going to be received by owners and the industry........... magazines loved the bikes and most people did too (except jeffro667) and of course there were a few issues that popped up on some bikes.......... but it was good. So KTM went full swing into 2010 production (in 2009) and brought way too many Hussies into the USA for our crashed economy and they sat in warehouses without orders because they were too expensive of a toy for a country that was in a huge recession. They had already run 2011 models by the time they realized that there was a problem with bikes not selling and there are too many 2010 and 2011 model Hussy's still out there and in warehouses to actually bring any 2012 model 4 strokes in (that would be the same with BNG's) so they are only bringing in the 2 strokes that Europe already had. These 2 strokes are actually the 2010 Chasis and engine design of the KTM XC / XCW line of two strokes that some people prefer over the new body / chasis style of the 2011 / 12 KTM's. The Husaberg factory off road riders have been winning on these bikes already this year in Enduro Competitions and they have the latest forks / shock specs that KTM offers. In Europe they have a 125, 250, and 300 but the USA will only get the 250 and 300.

I love my 2010 Hussy 4 stroke as it handles awesome (less twitchy than the 2009 models with different steering head offset) and has allowed me to beat guys in motos this year that I've never beaten in my life and stay on the lead lap at Loretta Lynn's in the +40 class and not get lapped by Keith Johnson in the long motos there that always happened on my KTM's. While this is another KTM product.........who cares?

Everyone has an opinion about bike preference, setup, etc. I have never personally owned a berg (thank god!!!) but i have ridden one (one time was enough). I understand the bike was a little heavier but was supposed to feel really light and agile. It's like saying the anchor is lighter than the titanic. Was also fairly weak in the power dept. which is probably why you wont see one leading the first lap at an mx track near you. Also don't really know why anyone would want to mx an enduro bike? Things that make ya go hmm.

Well I have the FX 450 Berg and it's a "do it all" type bike that is supposed to go from the MX track to the woods, kind of like the KTM XC line was too........... not the enduro model with lights at all. But opinions are like butts........... everyone has one. And the bike is a little heavier..........1.2 lbs more than an RMZ450.......... that makes gobs of difference for taking it on a MX track. And while you're going HMMM, you can try to keep up with my heavy, slow, enduro bike at Red Bud at Vet Fest in a variety of classes if you so choose to see why anyone would want to ride it on a MX track............ I like the bike and the way it handles and it's allowed me to go a little faster than I used to and beat some guys that I've never beaten before this year.

There are people out there that like RM's, KX's, CR's, YZ's. SX's, and even Husabergs....... to each their own is how it should be.

If I were able to be at vetfest this year I would beat you the same as last year and I don't have to beatup my keybord pounding out a couple of pages to drive that point home. And if you want to tell everyone how ya won the first moto easily. I went from 15th to 2nd and from 6th to 2nd on the last lap alone and only finished behind ya by about 2 seconds so maybe ya would have beat me by 3 in that moto on your boat anchor.

Well Tony, have fun whereever you are riding and enjoy whatever you are riding. I'm doing this for fun and exercise and enjoy riding my motorcycle in a variety of places and conditions from MX to trail riding with my 66 year old father in the woods and my bike does both quite well for me, even if it is a boat anchor that should not be on an mx track.

I bought a new '94 1/2 501 Berg from jeffro667, back when he was a dealer. I also quickly realized it was too much for me so I traded it back and after making a few modifications Jeff finished out the season on the bike, doing very well. I was kind of surprised when he didn't like the '09. He usually gets along very well with almost any bike, including several big KTM's. The changes for the '10 Hussy must have been huge or it's just a very unique bike for a very unique rider.

The biggest change between the 09 Bergs and 10/11 Bergs was the steering head offset. The 09's had less offset and were very tight turning machines with some issues at high speed with head shake. The 10/11 models had more offset and are more stable than the 09's but don't turn quite as well either. Compared to the RFS KTM's that I had been running up til this year........ the Berg turns way easier and feels much lighter while riding it on the track. I always run a steering damper so the high speed stability of the bike is never really an issue for me....

Who is Downtown Tony Brown? Why do I seem to know that name???? Has he raced District 11?

Sweet , a Jerry Springer style thread that I didnt even start or contribute to !!!

Maybe we can get Hershey and Downtown Tony Brown (is there really a downtown in Proctorville, OH?) to show up for the Vet National at High Point and get a Jerry Springer style race / interview section going for the Pitracer Faithful.......... LOL. I'm having fun and doing well on the Berg and have no complaints about how I am finishing on it. The problems I've had are my fault and not the bikes fault at all and I seem to get along with it pretty well.

Back