anyone bought a 2012 450 yet?

mthalt10

PR Member
Not sure if they have hit the floors yet or not, but has anyone got a 2012 450 yet? i am looking to buy a new 450 and not sure on the make yet. Ive always liked the Yamaha's, but i am open to try something new. any suggestions? if you have got a 2012 bike what is it? and do you like it?

Head to the cliff Sunday and test ride the 012 CRF450R courtesy of Honda of Marysville.

Doubt I am your guy to listen to, but I'd buy a Kawi. No really, I would...err...will. I bleed green though. Can't see you loosing with any of them more so than another. Just pick your color and roll with it...um, tire side down only please! ;)

A guy down here in Chillicothe has had a 2012 KX450f for several weeks or more now. Says he loves it and the new holeshot button works great.

Cannondale couldn't sell the reverse motor crap how many years ago, and here comes yamaha to prove cannondale was right. Just ask Bubba. If your a bigger guy buy green, smaller guy go red.

Not sure i understand your comment about cannondales and yamahas. The Cannondale was a flop......the Yamaha's are great bikes.

Not sure i understand your comment about cannondales and yamahas. The Cannondale was a flop......the Yamaha's are great bikes.

i think what he means about the "reverse motor" is the "reverse head" that they have on the bike now..but im pretty sure they have been doin that since they switched to EFI and that has been a couple years now. so why would they keep doin it if it wasnt any good? also why would i buy a certain brand because of my size? i am a bigger guy but i dont think that should matter on the brand

If your a bigger guy buy green, smaller guy go red.

Now i see why you said if your a bigger guy buy green, smaller guy buy red. i went an checked out a couple of bikes today. all they had was a suzuki an honda 2012 450 the honda felt like a pit bike to me, very narrow and small. the Suzuki however felt perfect i think it almost convinced me to buy a suzuki it felt that comfortable.

How can you say the honda feels like a pitbike most every magazine says its #1 how many years now? Maybe you like your clutch oil going through your motor but i'll stick with my honda....

How can you say the honda feels like a pitbike most every magazine says its #1 how many years now? Maybe you like your clutch oil going through your motor but i'll stick with my honda....

i wasnt saying its a bad bike..i just ment it felt small to me. i would rather buy a honda, but it just did not feel comfortable to me when i was sitting on it. and im pretty sure that honda DID NOT when the shootout last year

I got to wonder if the winners of the shoot outs are the manufacturers that sponsor the shoot outs. They're all so close now every year. I think any new bike you buy is going to be sick with some adjustments right out of the box. Almost goes as far as what color can I pay the least for?

I think someone asked this same question about how they felt a Mag is not gonna trash a bike when they company supports the mag or something like that and the magazine said that is bull crap then I think gave examples of bikes they did not like. I know mxa or someone last year was not too nice about the Honda 450.

Back