Hartford Nationals 2011

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Well, were you there? If not, you missed it dummy.

No, no, not me cartwheeling through the rythm section, the first 250C class (1st race of the night) took place of that, but there was absolutely some good racing on a decent track (a little dry, but it was a fair track), with the best weather for it that the mind can remember (not saying much. I've hit my head plenty).

Track layout was cool. Wish I had a running motor on the Bee@tch as I would have liked to have rode it. Was rythm section that the fast guys went double or so, skip, skip, skippy over and most mortal went single, bounce, single, bounce... 180 into a small double, 60 or so foot catapult, hairpin back to a single, single straight, 180 over single, 100 foot or so of smaller whoops (Gibby didn't see them I do not think?) into a smal double, sweeper 180 and do it all over again.

Aside the of the first race shinanigans (250 C first race of the night, dude was flying down the rythm section, but forgot to turn to hairpin back the other way and went flying over the berm! Also dude wiped in the rythm section later and was carted over and rode in the squad to hit hotel for the night I figure), there was only 1 red flag ( I left race 14 of 25 around 10:30pm), and the Open A class was B A double D @$$. Gibby was making the track look silly with Michael in tow about a 1/2 to a second slower a lap. Thinking Willard was on his 250SX, but not certain. Sure, they are the top pros from these parts, but just so amazing how fast they fly through everything.

'Twas fun. I am sure I missed another good moto with the Lites A. Maybe someone will tell us about it.....much more to say, but you just had to be there. I hate reading long posts on here. Don't you? ;)

The Lites A was an amazing race. Willard got the holeshot with gibson starting in last (or close to it) Gibson was on the gas and ran Willard down with about two laps to go. Willard went into the turn after the catapult protecting from a block pass and ended up spinning out. Gibson was so close behind he hit Willard and they both went down. Willard got up faster and won the race. It was an awesome race they were both on a different level as everyone else (as expected).

Knew I should've stayed, but I was good with the Open A race, but sounds as if the lites race was even better. Oh well.....

Back