pics

Maybe try the high speed sports setting... I know what you mean though, not so good myself. I can't tell you how many Bike halves and rear tires I've taken pictures of. LOL!!!

Try taking snapping the pic when the bike is like 30 feet away, seemed to work for my camera. Of course that's just guesswork where the bike is going. You can always crop the picture if it's not dead center like most aren't anyway. Or instead of taking a picture when the bike goes right in front of you like a side shot, try a more head on angle. Sometimes if you move the camera along with the bike after you snap it, just not too fast, at least you get something.

My old camera had a " burst " mode where it took 3 pics in a row when you pressed the button . One of the 3 was usually decent and could be cropped to my liking . Wish my current camera had that option .

It takes a good camera with fast shutter to get good action shots. If you have one, or get one, then follow the bike as it hits the jump and click it when it reaches the point you want the picture to be at.

If you are using a point and shoot, or a cellphone camera, all you can do is practice following the bike and press the shutter well ahead of where you want the picture to be. How far depends on how long it takes your shutter to click. It all take practice regardless. Following the subject will keep the bike/rider focused, and usually blurs the background. Conversely, holding the camera steady and attempting to capture the bike/rider as it passes thru the frame results in clear background and blurred rider. You have to have an SLR and the right settings to get clear shots of both rider and background.

The secrets of having a good quality picture is not in the performance of the camera but also on its lens there are also different types of lens that you can use on your cam.

Back