I wanna ride....Story/ Question / Offer

loneranger171

PR Addict
About 1 and half years ago I sold my YZ450 due to lack of time to ride (kids, work, wife works every weekend, etc...) and got a Harley so I could at least still have a 2 wheeler. I love the ease of getting on the road with the Harley to have some seat time but lately have been missing MX alot. I started doing MX back in the early-mid 90's and consistently was a practice track guy up until I sold the 450 (I've had 125's, 250's, 250F's and a 450F). The question/offer....is anyone on the sidelines hurt right now or anyone looking to make a little bit of cash to work out a deal with me to ride their bike? I'm talking 3-4 times max and believe me I am a slow Vet rider who will not beat your bike down or blow it up...I was about the pull the plug on that 2008 YZ 250 in classifieds until Georgie snatched it up (thanks Georgie). Anyway, if you have a 2006 or newer 125, 250 or 250F and wanna help a mx brother out then send me a PM and we can discuss more in detail....Ideally I would just want to ride Battlesburg as that was my home track and its a safe easy track for me to get used to riding on again.

Thanks...sorry for the long post :)

Love the four strokes Pit but if I were to get to the point of buying anything it's probably gonna be a 2 stroke. You got about a dozen bikes right ? PM me a price and we'll meet at Battlesburg and I'll rent a bike from you for the day even if it's that 450! The past six bikes I had were Yamaha so a Suzook would be a cool change....

One more thing to my story/offer....this is all being done in preparation to achieve my goal of riding MX before/on my 40th birthday which is September 17th....also - if anyone is serious I might be willing to swap bikes for a day - my Harley Superglide 1450cc cruiser for a day of MX (assuming you have valid Ohio motorcycle license).

Thanks for the offer dozer...unfortunately my work schedule only gives me weekend time available for riding. If u evercome down this way on a weekend day hit me up. Thx again!

My son and i go to the burg alot... your welcome to a spin on my 08 yz 250.... but its not for sale....wont be there this week end... going to REDBUD!!!!!

Sounds like a great deal. Good luck red bud this weekend. Pm When you guys go to battles berg. 8 250 two stroke sounds awesome. Looking forward to it. Thx.

Sorry to hear you got T-boned Georgie...hope your allright ? In hindsight maybe that hole in the airbox will allow additional airflow somehow giving you more power ?? How do you like that 2008 two stroker compared to your 450 ?

I'd be willing to part ways with my 07 YZ250 if your interested. I'm also a slow vet rider, and fat to boot...lol. Maybe 15 hours on it? If interested, please shoot me an email at rrohr505@yahoo.com

No I'm fine. Was just a fluke accident of the classic case of two guys racing for a one wide spot going into woods. I do think if I weighed more he wouldn't of ejected me off the bike. Oh wel. I believe it was both of our first grand prixs and we should have known just to fall in line because they aren't 3 lap Motocross sprints.

And the 2 stroke 250 is perfect for me. Reminds me of superminis and is fun to rode but not too stupid overly powerful.

Oh! Did you go to the TV Land race? I wanted to go, but I went to Briaircliff instead. How was it? You didn't take my advice about watching the start of the race before you to see where the stopped traffic was going to happen. You guys made the traffic that caught up the other riders... lol! --Tony C.

Back