Final Moto of Loretta Lynn's (Vet B Moto 3) Helmet cam with jumping on the leaders bike.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Ok, so here is my video from that moto complete with first lap where you can see me jumping on CJ's bike and going off the side of the Camel back afterwards. This was just before Chris Opliger hit the bike and crashed onto the top of the table top......

I had to cut out laps 6, 7, and 8 to leave lap 9 in where I was trying to make a pass at the line for 8th place and lost out by 0.04 seconds and crashed into the fence after the finish line to end the whole week. Never give up........... right?

Anyway, you can see how there was no way to see his bike until you were right on it, and the Ohio guys did a good job of smashing his bike into smithereens with Rich Silvers, Chris Opliger, and myself all hitting it squarely on this first lap. We should all get better starts! Mine were horrific all week!

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbsEgOQDnto

As you come around the corner toward hitting the bike, you can CLEARLY see the flagger was waving the yellow flag. So those guys that asked where were the flaggers, that flagger was waving the best they could considering where they were. And the bike was obviously in a blind spot.

Flagged should have been on the opposite side. But I bet he couldnt get across the track if he wanted to on the first lap like that.

All the track flaggers are stationed on raised platforms next to the track. At that point in the race it would have been impossible for them to run through the traffic to the other side of the track to flag.

I'm still a little bit shocked that the down rider just stood on the side of the track watching his brand new bike get landed on over and over. I would have been running back to the first jump and waving people to go to the other side of the track if I was him.

Looks like you better put the "duke" motor in that hussy. That start was well below rocket's standards...

I would have been running back to the first jump and waving people to go to the other side of the track if I was him.

I think some people don't love their bikes as much as you love yours Pit. I hear you though...I can't believe he'd just stand on the side and watch everyone blast into that bike. He didn't even wave his arms or you would of saw him doing that right?

I've been down in those spots before and you stay behind your bike and stand up and wave your arms so guys can see you and avoid you........... but in the heat of the moment he rolled off the track and went off to the side......... then it was too late. He could only stand and watch as the rest of the pack pulverized his bike!

Back