carbon fiber end cap on exhaust

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Anybody ever use a 4 stroke exhaust with the carbon fiber end cap?? Was looking at getting the 4.1 ti/carbon from FMF but she told me that she actually doesnt recommend the carbon fiber caps to their racers.. because they seem to break pretty easy.. and the replacement is $100 and no warranty or anything on the carbon fiber piece.

just curious if anyone has had any experience.. really love the way they look and have a buyer for my current exhaust and it wont really cost me anything to upgrade to the carbon.. but dont want to do it if its going to brake and cause me head aches later.. not worth the cool look.

i know the full carbon exhausts are a pain due to needing repacked more often and such (fmf actually stopped making them due to customers not maintaining them properly, then calling to complain all the time).. im just referring to the cap

FM-4RTC-SXF-11_is

I have a Yoshimura exhaust with a carbon fiber end cap and I haven't had any problems at all.I have been running it over a year now....

well let me ride it one time and see how long it holds up.. im pretty good at putting your bikes on the ground lol!!!

thanks. i think i might just get it and cross my fingers.

I'd say go for it. Short of having the perfect crash, or someone running into the back of your bike, I think you'd be okay. It's only money.

Back