Lability Realease, Private Property

TCracing

PR Addict
Anyone have a general liability release form? Or know where to download a good one? Just something short sweat and CYA?

That should do. Thanks.
Its awful that you have to do this with friends and relatives But, Then again My daughter was just Sued by her Cousin. Caused her all kinds problems. Not just thousands in defending herself either. Dirty little BEATCH!!! was gonna get her house, and everything she owned. Messed her up in college (Pharmacology) and all kinds of good stuff... Yes this is "OUR" Relatives, Can't wait till thanksgiving...

On that note, just how good are the release forms we sign at the track? Can people still get around them or are the track owners actually covered?

They really dont protect you from those that want to sue you bad enough

I have found over the years, leases and contracts anything i writing means nothing..nada. In fact some times you think you are protected and the very document that you had drafted to protect you is the proof they need to twist things around and rip out your heart. Best thing is to know who you are dealing with.

The release is intended to be as broad as it is long. A good attorney can argue just about anything, doesnt mean they will win. My own personal belief is that the less you do the better.

Just a CYA. This is America, where you have freedom. To include the freedom to file lawsuits for just about anything. The objective is to minimize the damages of that lawsuit.
As I indicated Family, is no exception. And you would not believe some of the things some our family has done to us. One time I found out one of my in laws was telling folks at my kids' School that my wife and I Abused our kids??? Never did figure out what was behind that one. Just Slander for the sake of Slandering I guess.
Anyhow, the point is, You never know who you are dealing with, even when you think you do. You DON'T.
Once bitten, twice shy!!! As I said it's a shame But this is the world we live in.
And thanks again J.O. For the Forms.

I have found over the years, leases and contracts anything i writing means nothing..nada. In fact some times you think you are protected and the very document that you had drafted to protect you is the proof they need to twist things around and rip out your heart. Best thing is to know who you are dealing with.

It's more like this.

If you sign a waiver and you crash because its your fault, and you sue.. you will lose.

If you sign a waiver and you crash because, there is a big piece of metal in the track thats not spose to be there, you could very well win.

The only time a waiver is void is if the judge finds it to be crazy like if you loan someone 100 dollars, and it says if you dont pay it back with in a month you owe a billion. Waiver has to make sense.

My uncles a judge, my dads a cop, and a few of my cousins are police.. we were just talking about this the other day camping in P.A. ofc there could be other stipulations that may void a waiver, but this pretty much sums it up.

It's more like this.

If you sign a waiver and you crash because its your fault, and you sue.. you will lose.

If you sign a waiver and you crash because, there is a big piece of metal in the track thats not spose to be there, you could very well win.

Yes if you go to a track, sign the waivers, break your leg, and then file a lawsuit, Well!!! You admittedly knew the risks, and the owner did nothing to be liable. You won't have much of a case.

Know lets say the track owner or employee decides to start chisel plowing the track in the middle of a session without notifying the riders or temporarily closing the track and you jump and land on the plow in a horrible heap. The track would be held liable for negligence or gross-negligence and would most likely be responsible for damages to you and your property.

Personally, I think Judges should be allowed a common sense override for frivolous or ignorant lawsuits myself... Just to cut out the B.S.

Back