700cc 2 stroke mx bike??

stangbro01

PR Addict
So i was out riding today and seen an ATK quad. didnt even know they were in business. anyways i got on the atkusa website and seen that they have a 620 and 700 2 stroke!! putting out 76 and 78 horsepower!!

has anyone here seen or rode one of these things??

ATK has been around for a long time producing a limited number of bikes. Seen the big 2 strokes on their website but have never seen one in person.

The quad you saw is essentially a Cannondale. ATK bought out all the Cannondale parts and equipment when they went out of business and have continued making them with the ATK name on them.

ya the motor looked just like the cannondale, i rember the design was supposed to be easier to rebuild the motor or something? they were actually cool looking bikes when they came out like 10 years ago.

Yep, cool looking. Another example of looks aren't everything.

You know the company might have durability issues when they tout how easy it is to rebuild the motor and / or trans. Yes, it WAS easy. Yes, it happened a lot.

FWIW, I haven't seen one of the 600+ cc 2ts in person. Maico has also made 760cc 2ts. The motor (both Maico and ATK) come from sidecar racing in Europe.

The 620 & 700 are the ATK Intimidators with Maico 2 stroke motors.

In 2009 list was $12,995 so not for the average wallet.

Had read that both were rather mellow with the smaller 500 more suited for MX.

Both sounds like a fun toy to grab in a few years when a used one drops to 3 or 4 grand.

Maico Mark

Back