question about sponsorship website

suzuki596

PR Member
hey everyone. i was online the other day and i saw this website that companies sign up for and they can sponsor riders. The website is www.mxsponsor.com . Has anyone ever used this website and if so is it worth joining the site for 50 bucks. are the prices that you pay good prices or do you get overcharged from the getgo.

Ditto on Hookit, they have been around a while. They were called sponsorhouse then I can't remember. Easy to set-up and free unless you go premium. I have used them for 2 years for my son, with good luck. Most of his sponsors have come through the site. Check his link out below. Matt.

http://www.hookit.com/members/fastjackracing/

I used em when it was sponsorhouse and I had like 45 sponsors from that website, I paid the I think $50 at the time and it paid for itself back for sure. That was like 06' or so.

I used em when it was sponsorhouse and I had like 45 sponsors from that website, I paid the I think $50 at the time and it paid for itself back for sure. That was like 06' or so.

LOL 45? I dont believe them sites are worth the time or the money. They sponsor everyone that sends them a request so in fact you are getting no better deal than you would by walking into a dealership and asking for a discount. You pay $50 to have false sponsors. Is it really a sponsor if you only get 10% off heck even 20-30% off of srp is still the average price you can get something at a local dealer. Dont want to start a pissing match just my opinion.

We save considerable amounts of money. You can pick and choose who you accept, some deals good - some not so and some are really nice. # 23 you are correct in a way, it is not really a true sponsorship. Not getting paid to play here. We are merely trading services, we advertise and they cut us a break on gear and such. I am not allowed to disclose our current "sponsorship" details, but for example in the past we received 50% off retail from NoFear and free jersey printing to boot. This was in JTs first year of racing, the deals get better with results, amount of events attended, profile views and how you conduct yourself. More than likely you will get "sponsored" by who ever you apply for, simply because it is cheap advertisement. 50% off retail is nothing to the manufacturers, it sure does work for me. Hookit is an easy way to get started, 1 stop shopping. I send out about 15 resumes each October seeking sponsorship outside of the Hookit program. We have been picked up by just 3, some have refered us to Hookit and others don't even reply. I just ordered new gear for my son and I, pants and jerseys each and a spare jersey for the wife. Name and number on the back of each jersey, free shipping, all for around 150 bucks. Yeah, it is worth it to us. Suzuki 596 hurry up and sign up before # 23 does, you will get the good deals and leave him the scraps. Lol. Oh, check out our Hookit page we need the views. It is sponsor time again. I almost forgot, thank you to all our sponsors. :) Matt.

I never will pay for anything like that.... up until the last couple years I still did everything the old fashioned way.. mailing out resumes. A lot of companies would not take them by email or anything, up until recent, most everyone will do email or hookit.

I won't reallly accept anything thats not 40% off or better as I could just get it from a dealer at that point... I've saved tons and tons of money through sponsors over my years of racing...

I still send ours the old fashion way. With there being 4 of us, I send them as a team. Put all of our resumes in an envelope and send them through the mail. Some that we have and would like to continue to use I will resend the resumes through email. Never paid for one of those sites.

LOL 45? I dont believe them sites are worth the time or the money. They sponsor everyone that sends them a request so in fact you are getting no better deal than you would by walking into a dealership and asking for a discount. You pay $50 to have false sponsors. Is it really a sponsor if you only get 10% off heck even 20-30% off of srp is still the average price you can get something at a local dealer. Dont want to start a pissing match just my opinion.
I got more then 10% off things. I got free goggles, oil, got 50% off one industries gear and helmet, free sunglasses, I got 4 cases of monster every 2 months with shirts, hats, towels, and a moster bookbag, free shoes. And also I dont think they gave everyone a sponsorship that sent them things, I got turned down on alot of stuff to. Have I used it again since 06' no due to breaking my back my racing days are over, just joy riding now.

If you're looking for sponsors, decalmx, gaerne, no-toil, maxima, and fmf will sponsor just about anyone. I know there are others but I can't recall...I'll probably apply for fly and EVS as well..I know they sponsor a lot of amateur riders too...I accepted the offer from the first three..and declined maxima's offer because I decided I'll stick with the Pro Honda fluids even in my KTM.

I used Sponsorhouse years ago, for 4 or 5 years. I would get riding gear cheaper than the shops could get it for. I would make the $50 back and then some on my pants alone. I didn't accept every single offer I had. I would only send to Sponsors that I would for sure use. It saved me a ton of money over the years. I still have air filter oil/cleaner from a sponsor that gave me X amount of dollars worth from 3 or 4 years ago.

I used Sponsorhouse years ago, for 4 or 5 years. I would get riding gear cheaper than the shops could get it for. I would make the $50 back and then some on my pants alone. I didn't accept every single offer I had. I would only send to Sponsors that I would for sure use. It saved me a ton of money over the years. I still have air filter oil/cleaner from a sponsor that gave me X amount of dollars worth from 3 or 4 years ago.

Thats cool I should of said not all was bad but if you build a relationship with a sponsor then thats the way to start. I did it back a few years ago got a M2R sponsorship and it was what I thought was a great deal foe a helmet and then after a week of getting my sponsored helmet they where on ebay for $100 less than I just paid as a sponsored rider so I called being the ass I am and said how come I can buy the same helmet on ebay for $100 cheaper than I can being a sponsored rider They said" That was a dealer that buys a bunch at a time and he gets a bigger discount and sometimes they sell some at cost just to move them" I was like WTF I couldnt even get dealer price would of been cheaper to have ebay as a sponsor than go thru sponsorhouse. After that I never got back on that site and stayed with ebay and local dealers and now after a few years my local dealer hookes my son up with great deals. It takes along time to build a relationship with a dealer but in the end you are more than just a internet rider. Things may have changed now but if 1 rider has 45 sponsors in 1 year that is just crazy or untrue.

Let's go off tangent a bit. I do like to support local dealers as much as possible and purchase necessities from them that I cannot get from our factory direct deals. So, who is your favorite local shop and give props! I gotta say Barry at Balderson Motorsports treats his folks the best. I have yet to find a "web store" that can beat his prices. Quick turn around on needed repairs, 1-2 day on orders. He his involved heavy in the sport with his boys and a past racer himself. No, Balderson is not a sponsor, but we will give props and advertise all day long!! Balderson Motorsports is located on Maple Avenue in Zanesville. Matt.

Let's go off tangent a bit. I do like to support local dealers as much as possible and purchase necessities from them that I cannot get from our factory direct deals. So, who is your favorite local shop and give props! I gotta say Barry at Balderson Motorsports treats his folks the best. I have yet to find a "web store" that can beat his prices. Quick turn around on needed repairs, 1-2 day on orders. He his involved heavy in the sport with his boys and a past racer himself. No, Balderson is not a sponsor, but we will give props and advertise all day long!! Balderson Motorsports is located on Maple Avenue in Zanesville. Matt.

Mike from MJD Power Sports Clyde Ohio, We get everything from bolts, gear to motor work from MJD without him we wouldnt be back racing again.

Eric from K100 Fuel Treatment , He seen Scottie race 1 time on the 50's at Mini Mow Down and the both of them have been friends from that day and a very big part of Scotties mini racing and now into the big bikes.

Bob from Pro Action of Florida does all our susp work now Scottie had some problems down in FL last year and Bob was there to get the bikes redone and all set up to race, Him and Scottie are close and talk all the time.

Here are 3 great guys that make it possible for my son to race and I cant say enough to thank them.

Back