OIR pro bike day sunday?

kxf993

PR Member
I was just curious, since OIR is no longer a sanctioned track would a B rider be able to race the A class but not have to step up to the A class in CRA or AMA?

Im not 100% sure but i believe they are correct. Once you run an A class and someone can prove you did, you are then an A rider. Any track CRA,AMA or otherwise. We have had riders in the past who were B riders and wanted to run A/money but did'nt in fear of getting protested at another track. Still hope you all come out to race this weekend. Track changes are coming along great.

Im not 100% sure but i believe they are correct. Once you run an A class and someone can prove you did, you are then an A rider. Any track CRA,AMA or otherwise. We have had riders in the past who were B riders and wanted to run A/money but did'nt in fear of getting protested at another track. Still hope you all come out to race this weekend. Track changes are coming along great.

+1
You can do it as long as you don't get caught or called on it!
But if you do, then there is no petitioning back, like for the "C" class, your permanently "A"

Just change your name...No one will know...Lots of people do it....How the hell you think the fastest lap times at loretta's are b riders...SAND BAGGING...LOL

yes, tecnically you can run A class in a non sanctioned race. but if you go back to an AMA race and you get protested then you have to go through a long process of paperwork and getting all your results together and calling the track to prove that is was a non sanctoned event. and say youve done half a season racing B in 2012, then someone protests you and you go through the paperwork proving your a B rider. you still get all your previous results and points taken away. so say your trying for lorettas and youve done 3 qualifiers and youve already qualified for 2 regions.. then you get protested.. then you will have to redo all your area qualifiers. i know $1500 is hard to pass up and ive thought about taking that same chance, but its not worth it

I was just curious, since OIR is no longer a sanctioned track would a B rider be able to race the A class but not have to step up to the A class in CRA or AMA?

Nobody will enforce it. Do it. Many others do!! A rider at Pyma ran a class this year first few races then decided to go back to B. Nobody enforces advancement in AMA or cra.

Back