Yamaha fork seals

YZ125

PR Addict
Looking for suggestions on fork seals for Yamahas, seems like my sons 250f are constantly leaking and my 125 also likes to advertise they need attention. We keep dust seals clean, use a support when transporting, and have even tried seal savers which seemed to help a bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

oem seals for sure. Fill them full of grease when changing them. Also when changing them pull the springs apart and trim 10mm off then put them back together, it takes 30 seconds and helps alot. Clean the with the seal saver tool every few rides. My 09 450 has about 200 hours on it now with only one seal change.

Stock seals for sure... my 08 has the stock seals in and no problems....i drop the wiper out and spray some contact cleaner up in there and wash the dirt out every 3 or 4 rides never have any problems....

May need more than just seals. Send them out one time to a reputable Suspension Mechanic Like FCR. They will de-bur and polish the inner tubes, when replacing the seals and oil, which could have MICRO nicks or scratches that will just keep eating up the seal lip.
Always had good luck with OEM and MSR. Bought a really weird inexpensive off brand once on Ebay (Yellow Package). Got exactly what I paid for...LOL!
If you do it yourself make sure and use black tape (or a thick sandwhich bag) or the Bullet tool (preferred) and grease to protect the seal lip when sliding onto the fork tube.

If you are close (Buckeye lake area) I can do these for $50.00 Labor (SET) with your seals and oil. And show you how. PM me if interested

Has he wrecked recently? Lots of time you can attribute bad fork seals to a misaligned front end. The lower fork leg doesnt sit in line with the upper, causing the seal to leak. Everytime I wreck I reset my front end. I have a yz250f and its probably not the seals themselves. Like others said it could also be the forks have damage, nicks ect.

Back