some stuff you didnt see on the southwick tv mayhem. (dungey)

barrington314

PR Elite
some cool shots and a bit of a story here...
http://www.supercross.com/photo-fea...lmost-didnt-happen-ryan-dungey-southwick-2011

33717210150357557528973.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q6ar3c2y80A" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>

p_m_11_73_10498.jpg

Wish I could spin t-handles as fast as dungeys mechanic!!

I think dungey has the worst luck in motocross this year. It's like a post-DeCoster-curse.

Unreal. I can't believe he came back like that. When you think about RC's career and the perfect seasons, he never had anything like this happen. Just shows that as good as the GOAT was, there was some luck involved in things not going wrong mechanically. All teams have problems, not just Suzuki.

Just watching the mechanics work, I almost had a heart attack.
What pressure they must be under.
I bet there will be no relaxing between moto's.
As soon as Dungy pulls off the track from future moto 1, they will be all over it like a fire drill.

Dungy did his part riding back to 7th place, good job dude.
Dungy was able to salvage bad luck where Reed was just screwed.

im the most far from a dungey fan as can be, but that was truely an amazing ride.
also an amazing ride from barcia. whoopin on RV!

Me on the other hand, a big Dungey fan from day1. Pulled right from the "B" class ranks to the "BIG SHOW".
I'm tired, Spent most of the Supercross season and this season fending off the idiots(meant with humor) that say he didn't deserve the number 1 plates. Hopefully this will at least quite some of the critics! LOL. HELL of a ride! I thought top 15, but 7th! 2 spots behind VP! WHAT! I loved it.
You look at all the crap that has happened to him this past Supercross season and he was right there at the end. Then it has continued to follow him into the outdoors, running away with moto and the overall and the bike quits running! Remember that race! Along with all the HEART, Only two words can describe what puts on the track .......FOCUS and DETERMINATION!

Never thought to hang makita 18v tools like that.. on the side of the tool box. Will have to try that out when i get home today!

He's a bad dude...period. Thrown chain last season in SX, ran outta gas in Texas and now this. I am a Suzuki/Carmichael man 1st and foremost. RC showed RD5 the way. Thats why I like Dungey. He's part G.O.A.T. . But the bad luck Suzuki has had makes me more a Dungey fan now than ever. He could have thrown that whole team under the bus...but he didn't. he thanked his team for working so hard! Lots of people don't like RD5 because of his robotic interviews. But if thats all you have to complain about, you have a weak argument not to like him.

Dungey

I think Dungey is one other riders can look up to.
He has a great attitude and showed how determined and focused he can be.
Stewart may be the fastest rider most of the time but will never compare to Dungey in consistency and all around great attitude .
Stewart only wins when he is lucky enough not to make a mistake
If not for a few top bad luck times he would be on the top step.
Can you imagine how fast a rider has to be to finish where he did against all FAST riders?
None of those guys are just pretty fast they are haulin ass! and he passed most of them in really bad conditions.
(Plus I like Suzuks)

I'm not a Dungey fan, but I have to give it to the kid! He had to have been busting it to get into 7th! So glad he did to keep the points close! The last person I want to win anything in RV2! I will be rooting for Dungey no doubt the next cpl races! GO DUNGEY GO!!!!!

He was a Beast.. No doubt about it...All heart,Most riders would have given up...I mean most of them just ride around in 10th and Well thats good.....I mean all the riders took off and were GONE.....Dungey sits there waiting,Don't even know if the bike is going to stay running......Just put the whole field on BLAST....Its going to be a great end to the season....

An awesome performance by a great kid . I hope he goes with KTM and RD( Roger DeCoster ) , hmmm Rd & RD , next year . Bring the German kid , Roczen , onto the team also and they will be a real force to be reckoned with .

i hope he goes to KTM just so we can get a KTM on top of the box

It's hard to defend Suzuki for whats happened this year BUT, IMO, I just can't see the KTM as the machine to carry RD5 to a championship against RV2 and the rest of the factory Teams. Would love to see RD5 on a Honda.

What is up with the Suzukis this season? Just seems there are a lot of mechanicals with them. Go Dungey.

Back