John Dowd

John250

PR Founding Father
How about 46 year old John Dowd at Southwick. The guy went 9-8 for 8th overall. That is freakin impressive, I dont care if it is home track or not. He obviously still has plenty of talent at 46 years old. Like to see him make the show at 50!!

Yeah that is pretty cool. He was at Unadilla but didn't qualify. They said he needed moto scores of 10-10 at Southwick to keep his national number. I was a little worried he wouldn't make it, but he pulled it off!

pretty risky if you want to keep your number to race just once (or twice this year) a year!! wonder if he didnt get it if he woulda tried at steel city too or something....

That insane to be that competitive. Him and Doug Henry were god's of the sport IMO related to age and them just bopping in for one race in a season. How do you stay that competitive??? It's amazing.

Stacy- he stated in his interview with Racer X that he wasn't going to Steel City or Pala. If he didn't get the points he was going to let it go. He was excited he got it, but stated now he has to do it again next year.

Junk yard dog is a legend. I think keeping his number is his excuse to his wife. "Well honey, ya know I gotta keep my number, sorry I'm going to race the national today, see ya".

yeah that is sick he did that good at his age. It would be nice to see some older pros racing nationals still that still stay active like hughes, mcgrath, dubach, langston who looked sick in the last video i saw of him.

yea that would be cool if they all picked a track they liked, and showed to try to qualify and race the main. at least once in the series. be kinda like the rock bands thats make a come back tour lately. they have talent and practice for 1 race, wow, they could do it i'm sure.

I think many of the top guys you listed above would be competitive in the top 20 at a national for sure. I still say RC shows up, he is top five.

I think many of the top guys you listed above would be competitive in the top 20 at a national for sure. I still say RC shows up, he is top five.
I love RC, but think he would have top five speed not stamina to do a whole Moto. He is getting back a little chubbiness. Lol.
one thing different about dowd henry and the guys like McGrath and Fro... is they are used to being the man to beat and not wanting to just finish in the top ten. Which either way you look at it is smart. They wont get hurt riding over their head and wont be embarrassed because someone beat them. Just a thought.

Back