Area 51 MX - Worth the Drive?

Scotty810

PR Addict
I'm thinking of heading up to Area 51 MX in Batavia, NY sometime this fall. They have open practices on Wednesdays, but you can purchase a week long membership for $150 (includes open riding for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). You can also do a daily membership for $50.

I am thinking of doing a Wednesday/Thursday trip. Worth heading up for a couple days?

They are having a race this weekend! Practice on Saturday, race on Sunday. Plus several fun pit bike races and stuff. I think we are planning on going, went to the qualifier this spring also and loved it there!

We went to the qualifier in the spring and just loved it. Long all natural motocross with beautiful dirt. Grooming is excellent! I am acutally typing this in my motorhome at area 51 right now. We are here for the canada versus USA race this weekend. Track looks awesome and its gonna be good. Only $10 to get in for 3 days and all day practice tomorrow, sunday race and all day free practice monday. This place is well worth the drive! I would compare it to an Area 330 style track, with bigger facilities.

You won't find a nicer facility than Area 51 anywhere. We have raced and rode there since they opened. I know the owners personally and they always do what they can to accommodate the riders. You're better off to go there for a race weekend. It's a blast on saturday night and great racing on sunday. As fall sets in,the daylight is shorter and evening practices aren't held anymore. But do go there. You will be impressed. Don't know how far you are away,but if it's a good ride, I would stay more than one or two days, and bring a few of your riding buddies. The owners are very approachable, email or call them. I think in time to come, every rider will know about Area51.

Absolutely awesome weekend. 36 in schoolboy, 48 in C, 58 in one of the 85 classes, can't remember the rest. Great pit spot, sik track conditions, nice running of the program, and a cool moped race. Erik said the track was sik on Saturday for practice, and after a long downpour on Sat night he said it was even better on Sunday. 7 specialties (I think that's the name) changed our flat tires in less than 5 minutes so that helped big time between motos. the promoters did a great job with giveaways and additional prizes for 1st - 10th place. A few left and right turns once you get off 90, and it's easy to find. A Flying J for dumping and or getting gas as you get off 90. The hike up the hill 6-10 times a day is a killer, but I'm sure I needed the exercise. Definitely going back. There's a fun race weekend at Halloween if anyone is interested.

The track is def. worth the drive. We practiced all day on sat. and loved it. The track is huge. We didn't get the chance to race on Sunday, Ashlee took a digger and we went to the hospital.

The track is def. worth the drive. We practiced all day on sat. and loved it. The track is huge. We didn't get the chance to race on Sunday, Ashlee took a digger and we went to the hospital.

Oh no! How's she doing?

Doing very well considering. She broke her femur and her wrist. Got a helicopter ride to the hospital and a couple days stay. We got home last night. She has a rod in her femur and they plated and pinned the wrist due to the multiple fractures. It was a nightmare weekend from the start. Ashlee is all fixed up and on the road to recovery. It will be a long one, but I am pretty sure she will be back.

No worries, as soon as she can walk she will be in to work. She is hoping to be able to go next week, which I think is a good possibility.

Back