#629 out for the year :(

Hey guys as many of you know I went down very hard at Malvern last Saturday. I went to the doctor this past Friday with a major concussion and apparently the paramedics didn't think I was going to make it but in the long run ill be alright may take a few months to get back to normal but ill be good. So with that being said I had alot of fun racing and riding with all my new friends and old friends this year but my season is over til at least next year and maybe for good . To everyone I was battling with in points in 450C I wish every one of you the best of luck and stay healthy.

#629 Mike Harrington
Special thanks to:
Pro-Action of Northern Ohio, Wiseco piston, mx pro-graphx, and my mom + dad. All my friends and anyone else I forgot. Thank you for a great season

Hey Mike......sorry your going thru all this.....but like you said ....you are truely BLESSED cuz it could have been WAY worse! Listen to the DR's....Life is full of

speedbumps...it's how you come out the other end that matters, so keep your chin up Grasshopper ..CHIN UP :eek:)!! Prayers comin your way for a SPEEDY recovery!

Love The Sams Family

There was an interesting article in Sept issue MXaction magazine on Broc Hepler and how concussions ended his racing career. Nasty business.

Life is full of speedbumps...it's how you come out the other end that matters

Speed bumps! LOL! Mike didn't you land on someone whilst sustaining your concussion? I had one in Hawaii in which the doctor said I need a couple months with no further head trauma, luckily I broke my collar bone too so I couldn't ride anyways. It sucks for you because I am sure you are chomping at the bit. Good luck and prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

Thank you guys for your prayers it means alot. And I did actually read the interview with broc. That was bfore I did this though. Im doing alot better but still dizzy at times and hurt aroud the upper back, neck, and lower back

Sorry to hear you were injured...good luck with getting back on track!

I take it that you must have been unconscious for awhile?

Heal up, you only ever get one set of brain cells.

Bright side of this story: it's already September and you had the whole season behind you. See you after winter.

Sdj, my parents got the pro action franchise in late 07 and we have been servicing since then. If you or anyone you know needs suspension work done go ahead and give my dad a call. The number for pro action of n Ohio is 330 980 6891 his name is Bob.

This is Mike's dad. I want to give a huge THANK YOU to all the people who helped us at Malvern last week. The way everyone worked together to get us out of there was no less than remarkable. We were out so quickly we were right behind the ambulance. Again, thanks to all who helped in any way.

Back