1st run on a new rebuild done by a 15 year old.

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Some may know my son works on his own bikes been that was from the 50's he has just allways like to mess with them. Well this past weekend at Amherst was his 1st moto on his very 1st 4 stroke motor built 100% by him. Bike ran great no problems. If racing dosent work out Im sure the motor part will. Great job Scottie

(this thread is kid approved)

From this
bench.jpg

oilfilter.jpg

To This
BAR_8925.jpg

BAR_9293.jpg

Kudos to him for the ambition, and to you for letting him!! I'm scared silly to look inside mine, since the advent of the 4-stroke.

I remember my first build. I also remember getting plenty of help from my old man (thanks dad!) on my bikes when I was younger. I've done a handful of two-strokes from the crank on up. But the first time I rebuilt a 4 stroke, man that was awesome. I tell ya... splitting the cases on THAT was a huge leap of faith. Anyhoo, it survived, and still is surviving. It feels good to thrash on something that you built. I dig it. Congrats to your boy.

He rebuilt his super mini last winter and that had me on the fence and after the 4 stroke tied up I said im sending it out to be rebuilt and he fought it all the way and won. He ordered a puller and the way he went. Thanks to Mike at MJD Powersports and youtube for helping him lol. We spent many hrs in the van going to races and watching videos on youtube and Scottie calling Mike on the phone with some timming questions. Hell I dont even order the parts just pay for them. Scottie said he will help anyone rebuild their motor if they need it.

Back