District 11 Proposals for 2011

I know I should go to the meeting or voice this to D11. I'm not much of a Politician, so maybe someone who is so inclined may take something from this and do so.

I think D11 should Simply allow all racers to race as many races as you want, when you want, weekend, or weekday, then for year end points only count the highest points for say eight or ten races. or use an average points system. IE (the rider point average used for advancement) as the final score for year end awards. This would not discourage, or discriminate against any Promoter, nor hinder any racer, based on their ability or inability to make particular race(s).
Just a thought.

That was proposed a couple years ago and the district couldn't wrap their minds around the concept.

I think the weekend only deal is for the best. The people who follow the fair series will still be able to do so and the true motocross races will have a series to follow. There will be some overlap in there but atleast you dont have to attend all the fair races to compete for the district.

Keep the feedback coming. I wrote the proposals I submitted based on alot of rider feedback. If there are any more ideas out there please share them. It is to late to get them in for next year now but I would be more than willing to propose them for the following season. I am considering writing one to make it possible to speed up changes to the guidlines when possible.

Well after the meeting last night I am pretty sure these proposals will not be passed at the Oct. meeting. It is very clear that a few of the promoters in the district do not agree with these ideas. The riders or members really have no vote on these proposals. It is the board members and officers of the district that vote, The board is made up of a representative of each club/promoter, AMA congress members from the district and the officers of the district. I do understand from the promoters point of view that they are the ones taking the risk and stand to lose the money. I just wish they would take into consideration the input from their customers (riders) when making some of these decisions. In my opinion somethings need to change to try and boost rider turnout. It is a litle frustrating that last nights meeting is only the second time this season that any of the motocross promoters even came to the meeting. It would have been nice to have them involved all along in the conversations to try and come to some kind of consensus on these topics. All I can say now is I tried and now I understand what some of the people were talking about when I decided to give this a try. The best advice I can give the riders is take the time to send a email to all of the district board memebers (promoters and officers) when you have an idea or a change you would like to suggest. It will take all of them to make it happen. The only real vote a rider has is whether or not you choose to attend each event.

Well after the meeting last night I am pretty sure these proposals will not be passed at the Oct. meeting. It is very clear that a few of the promoters in the district do not agree with these ideas. The riders or members really have no vote on these proposals. It is the board members and officers of the district that vote, The board is made up of a representative of each club/promoter, AMA congress members from the district and the officers of the district. I do understand from the promoters point of view that they are the ones taking the risk and stand to lose the money. I just wish they would take into consideration the input from their customers (riders) when making some of these decisions. In my opinion somethings need to change to try and boost rider turnout. It is a litle frustrating that last nights meeting is only the second time this season that any of the motocross promoters even came to the meeting. It would have been nice to have them involved all along in the conversations to try and come to some kind of consensus on these topics. All I can say now is I tried and now I understand what some of the people were talking about when I decided to give this a try. The best advice I can give the riders is take the time to send a email to all of the district board memebers (promoters and officers) when you have an idea or a change you would like to suggest. It will take all of them to make it happen. The only real vote a rider has is whether or not you choose to attend each event.

The biggest issue I have within the district is the voting structure itself. I dont think promotors/officers should be able to vote on proposals outside of their discpline. In other words, if I dont hold HS events, then I shouldnt be voting on HS proposals. It really should be the promotors that hold events in that discpline, and the chairmen of the displine, and thats it. period.

economy

I will be taking a new approach next year. the same ones most of the promoters are using. THE ECONOMY. I will not be attending several of the district, races next year because most won't prep thier tracks. I will be contributing to there economy and be going to the other states and tracks that do. just my 2 cents I would like to give DMC props for last weeks race the track was great! check youtube video to see for yourself. a move in the right direction

They are all just afraid that they will lose a few memberships from the weekday fair races. Thats all it boils down to, period.

It will never change.

(I am not pointing fingers just stating facts)

1. First read my above post and add to that. The end of year points D-11 should be RPV of your best ten or 15 races for the entire year regardless of how many or what series you race as long as it is a D11 race that would even out the playing field for all, plain and simple. without favoring or discouraging anyone or any promoter.

2. At the risk of really PI$$ing someone off. If you really wanted to get ANAL about the Fair Races, one could argue that they should be considered separate, Just like Super-cross or Arena-cross from motocross. and to get really Anal one could Challenge the rules as I don't think the fair race track meets the criteria for motocross according to the AMA.

From the AMA Rulebook

The course must be between a half mile and 1-1/2-miles long, with a minimum width of 20 feet. The starting area should face up grade when possible and be free of humps,jumps, gullies and hard-to-see irregularities.

Not trying to tear anything down hear its just that a racer should not place ahead of anther just because of shear volume in accumulated points.

Just look at the 40+ points........the top guys all ride almost nothing but fair races. I hit most tracks in D 11, and no fair races. They rarely are anywhere but at fair races. They should be a seperate points event in my opinion. Most people just can not or will not travel a couple hours on a week night with work and school to race one moto at a fair race.

I agree John. It's a totallly different style of racing. About as different as mx and GPs. Seriously, it should be scored seperate.

That has been brought up and the response to that is the district cannot afford to pay for wards for another series. Which is true at least at this time. In my opinion doing the best 10-15 races is not representative of a district champion. We have one promoter that has 22 events on the calendar this year. I dont like the idea of being able to win the overall district championship without supporting at least a few of the tracks/promoters to get there. It also means you would never have to compete against people who dont attend those races.

It really does just come down to the money in the end. The district will not risk losing those events. They sign up alot of new AMA and District members every year. That is why I proposed the weekday events would not count for D11 points. I felt it was fair to all the promoters in the district. Every promoter has weekend events. I did not want to single any one promoter out. It was totaling based on what I thought was right to try and get a "true" district champion. Not who spent the most and traveled the most to win.

15-10-5. Riders best 15 finishes (not a min.), no more than 10 events from one Promotor/Club count, and you must have five finishes from different promotor/club. Assess everyones points based on that. Or, run a chase series like Nascar, after the fair series ends.

Honestly, I understood the arguments a few years back about the fairs having half points or no points at all or even separate point systems, but I don't see this as a valid concern any more and here is why. I raced a total of 6 races this year. I am currently in 6th in the points in 14-24. I remember about two years ago running about 30-40 races (fairs and outdoors) in 14-24 and ending up like 3rd in the points. No one is racing any more and thats the bottom line. Being that the district is very low on memberships and very low on rider turnouts at almost every single race, the district should be thanking the fair series for keeping it alive. I guarantee it sells more ama and d 11 memberships than any other track/promoter. I wish the district had the money to pay separate prizes for the fair series and the mx series but they don't so why would any one want to step on the toes of the biggest promoter in the district? Maybe 14-24 is a bad example and maybe there are other classes that are dominated by fair riders. I don't know, but it seems to me (at least from this example) that you could easily stay a weekend only true motocross racer and still be very competitive in this series.

Just my 2 cents sorry in advance if i offended any one.

Yeah the district is gone without the fair series. Why not just pay points per moto? That would be fair to all involved and maybe the simplest solution.

There is no doubt that you can finish top 5 in your class without running the fair series, but there are always a few that race all the fairs and take the top couple spots on shear volume of races.

IMO you shouldnt want to win your class overall just because you raced so many races.. growing up when i followed points and such that was my biggest complaint. would always get beat in points by kids I was beating on the track because they were racing twice a weekend and i was racing 1 a week or sometimes 1 ever 2 weeks.

these days though I think its different.. nobodys doing that, rider turn outs are pretty low.. ive raced like 5 times this year and im like 8th in 16-24 in CRA or something right now.. and i didnt even do that good at any races lol... if you get a couple of wins you can easily overcome guys finishing mid-back of pack that are racing more than you.

The riders or members really have no vote on these proposals. It is the board members and officers of the district that vote, The board is made up of a representative of each club/promoter, AMA congress members from the district and the officers of the district.

Shouldn't we be considered constituents? We pay our AMA memberships why won't the congressman open their eyes and ears to cater to local races instead of worrying only about the amateur national endless money pits ?(if that's the case as I'm only speculating) we are the ones who particicate in their promoter-only-risk-endeavor. You make the clients happy and you avoid the risk right?

Back