CR 125 Elisnore

John250

PR Founding Father
I just got back from an estate auction. They had two excellent condition CR 125 Elisnores up. One was a '76, the other a '77. Both in excellent condition. Had extra plastic and plastic tanks in a box for them. The metal tanks were mint on them. Awesome bikes. I thought maybe if no one knew what they were worth I could pick them up for a good price. They sold for $1700 and $2000........Whats the going price for one in excellent condition??

Yep, pricey sounding.

In my opinion, those year CRs were based quite a bit on the earlier CRs, by 76 and 77 that design was pretty long in the tooth compared to what Yamaha and Suzuki were doing in those same years.

I am no Jap expert on pricing but in my opinion someone selling them did very well that is unless they had under
an hour on them or were still in the crate.

Back in the day those were 2 years Honda would like to forget as the other bikes were years ahead at that point.
Don't think I have seen one at any AHRMA races in Historic classes for the same reason.

Wow, way over what I've seen any listed for. I'm sure condition played into it, but they aren't real sought after for collecting or racing, like MaicoMark said.

Guy that bought them was not a motocrosser at all. He said he was just going to hold onto them for a while. Said he had some other old XR 75s and would just add these to the collection. Must have had some cash. They were VERY clean bikes. I would have paid up to about $750 a piece. I was hoping no one would really be there to buy old MX bikes. It was an estate sale so really not a MX crowd. My brother in law bought about $750 in brand new (tags still on them) joe rocket leather jackets and pants for $78.00. Soon to be on Ebay for sale I am sure.

Back