Thank You!

Lotts24

PR Elite
As some of you know we had a very eventful weekend at Area 51. The weekend started off bad and ended bad. We left Friday at 5:30ish and after filling up at the nearest gas station, we discover a flat tire on the trailer. It was late enough most places were closed so off to walmart we went to get a tire. After all the mayhem we left home around 9ish. Got to NY late and stayed at a flying J. Got to the track early sat. morning and had a wonderful day of practicing. The track is awesome, very big with some elevation changes. Sat. evening we get a small wind storm and some rain. The track people stated they didn't water and the track would be perfect as the right amount of rain fell. We were like yeah right, when does that happen. We all decided to skip practice since we knew the track and the conditions would change by the time we were out there. We walked up to see the track and it turns out it was the right amount of rain cause the track looked perfect. Ashlee was already dressed she went back to head out. The first practice went well and since Allan was moto 3 we went back to get dressed. Walking back we noticed Ashlee got in line to go out with late practice. As we were getting ready some friends told us she had crashed so I went looking for her. As many of you know Ashlee tends to take some tumbles here and there and gets up and on her way. Not the case this time, She broke her femur and her wrist. Due to the main artery running along the femur they didn't want to risk a 40min ride in an ambulance so she got to ride in a brand new helicopter. She has a rod in her leg and they plated and pinned her wrist. We made it home last evening.

I would like to thank everyone that helped with us and showed their concerns. There were many people at the track helping us get stuff loaded. My phone was being blown up before we even got the hospital with everyone checking on Ashlee and how everything was going. The motocross community is an amazing family as we had people offering to help knowing we were in NY. We had our dog with us and even had a friend offer to come and get him. He was pretty much stuck in the motorhome while we were in and out of the hospital. The weekend seemed like a nightmare.

Rich's understudy was there to take pics of you guys. Got some good ones too. Obviously not of Rich's standards but.... Erik was on the line asking what the helicopter was doing. Had to tell him some celebrity was coming in. It was funny watching everyone running out at 5 am in their undies to try to save their awnings and ez ups. You guys were perfect neighbors until your dog pooped by our trailer tires :) I still like him though. Hopefully Ashlee heals quickly, and gets back to the track. She's part of the fun, and we all need that in our lives. When you guys left you were replaced by 3 trucks that left beer bottles all over the place. You need to work on Saturday night starts, and Erik is holding training sessions at our house if you want to come over. I also blame your choice of mechanic for the night.......could have had a different one.. just saying. Lots of fun, glad you guys went, and hope everything goes well in the next few weeks. Seriously......starts :) :)

Where are all the pics, I am ready to see them. We can judge if they are up to rich's standards. lol Sorry about sprocket leaving you a present, take it that he likes you. He was marking his territory. :) That wind storm was crazy, we both jumped up. We got to the rescue of our awning and ezup. Thanks for the kind words for Ash, she is in good spirits and on the mend. I believe she started a count down. lol As for the starts honestly I don't do that often. In the 7 years I have been back into racing I think that is the 2nd time I hit the gate. In all of my riding skills starts is probably my best, you just can't be good all the time. lol My mechanic was not at fault, we just haven't worked together much and had a little mistake. We def. had a good time up until we had to leave. We will have to go back.

Sorry to hear about the broken bones, that is never good. Hope she is fealing better soon and thinking of next season.

Ashley has to practice at Ram Jam this winter because if not I wont have a visor to add to my collection......lol
Seriously, whenever she is ready she can come use the track anytime. Chin up....xoxo

Rae Lynn

Rae Lynn she can donate the visor from this crash. :) Of course her new graphics shipped yesterday. I will get them on and they will be all nice a pretty for senior pictures.

I liked her story on Facebook about "Gimp Kid" getting the call to take her meds, and having only one hand and a child-proof cap. Been laughing for a couple days now.

Still holding good thoughts for her recovery.

LOL She has had some funny ones. Most have ask about how she is doing walking on crutches due to the broken leg. Her response is I can't use 2 crutches cause I have a broken wrist. They have a platform to lay her arm in for one crutch, of course we couldn't get our insurance covered in NY to get one. If she needs one by monday I will be on the hunt. Thanks for the good thoughts, she is doing very well. Almost walking on her own, I have just been there for balance.

What a shame. She was looking so good at RB. Our prayers are with her for a speedy recovery.

I liked her story on Facebook about "Gimp Kid" getting the call to take her meds, and having only one hand and a child-proof cap. Been laughing for a couple days now.

Still holding good thoughts for her recovery.

Hope she heels quickly!

Pilot that reminds me of a buddy who had 4+ breaks shattered knee cap, ribs, collarbone, and wrist. Wrist and knee on opposite sides. I won't explains his troubles. Let's just say, "his wife really must love him."

Back