Amherst Meadowlarks 9-13-11

I haven't ridden there in years, but I'd like to b/c I've heard good things about the revised layout. Ya think I'd be OK riding a trail bike there with the new setup? I don't really have anything else to ride for now except a KX100, and I'd like to check the place out again. --Tony C.

Tony,

You would be good on a Trail bike or the KX100. You have enough experience and I think you would like the layout. Come on out & try it and say Hi to me when your there.....:)

Rae Lynn

I saw a helmet cam video last night, and it looks like they finally have a layout that a broad range of riders would enjoy. I was there last year, and it was too much track for me. Looks sweet now. --L*64

I might try to make it out again, I had a blast when I came out last month! Having that turnpike exit right there is handy as well!

Well, hell then-- If John's going, and you're gonna go Dan-- then I'll plan on going. Can I roll with you, John? --T

I'll bet I can turn a faster lap on the tractor than farmer Dan! If I was home, I would have considered doing my annual lap. I just need to find someone that will loan me a little 50. I like the idea that I can touch the ground on it!

Yes, this was a shot Dan!

We apologize for the dust at the open practice. Unfortunately we didn't know someone took out the overhead electrical wires to the pump and we were unable to repair them before the practice started. We did get it repaired, but we are sorry that the conditions were less than stellar. So Thank You all for understanding that things happen that were out of our control.

it would have been nice to know that prior to coming.. you cant tell me you waited until 4:00 when you were starting practice to figure that out??

could have just rescheduled or something...

im not 1 to usually complain but that was bad. aside from the water issue, it looked like the track was not touched for a month before that. lots of holes and screwed up faces.. for a track that rarely has open practice I would have expected race day type prep.. last time I was there for a race it started hour and a half late due to water issues also... hmm

sorry had to get that out, but i know im noot the only 1 that agrees with that. not to many happy ppl yesterday.

It was 3:30 when I could not get the pump going. We left the pump in running condition and had no reason to think it would not work. We think the garbage truck hit the wire then coiled it up and put it behind the pole. Water issues happen. Pipes break and it's beyond our control. We could not cancel it was too late when all this came down. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was my fault.

i wouldnt really say its your fault. and i really didnt mean any of that to offend anyone. it just seems like every single time i go there, its always something....

and my point about the condition of the track (holes, faces of jumps, etc) was that I think people expected the track to be prepped and in good condition. Regardless of the water situation, all of that stuff could have been done the week before or something.

i could come any time with several members for free and probably would have had better track conditions than what was paid for yesterday.

again, no offense and sorry to come off like a whiny prick.. not trying to be like that at all.

^^^ Probably all true. I haven't ridden or raced there in 15 years, and I was planning to ride a little bit last night before the clutch master/slave, or both took a dump in my (2007!) truck when I was en route.... SUCKS! But I have to say that from what I could tell by looking at the track-- the new layout looks really fun. Big berms, uphill dub, sand section in the back. Nice! Looks like alot more fun than when I was there last year to watch. I hope to make the next practice whenever that will be. With Smith Rd. having a bright outlook, and Amherst looking plenty rideable-- I think another bike may be in my future. --L*64

Back