It's official

I heard Brian Gonser will be on a Honda next year. Kreps riding Suzuki's, Sharc on anything 2 stroke, Shafer on yamaha, Rupert on the couch.

RD5-
Please do NOT ride a KTM next year. Please pick any Japanese manufacturer or I will be forced to not cheer for you as hard as I used to. And i will also have to re-brainwash my 4yr old daughter to make her cheer less for you as well.
Jay

Better start liking Orange…..I don’t think the Japanese Mfg’s will be able to compete (or be interested in) Dirt Bikes for very much longer.

ahhhh haters :(

i really hope he goes to KTM and does well just to put and end to all the KTM hate haha. I used to hate them too.. im not 100% a dedicated fan yet, I love every single thing about my 350 except the EFI. Hopefully its done being pissy and i can love it too.

I dont see why he would want to be on ktm. I know decoster is there and they have to be coming in heavy with the pay check but they also had their share of bike issues also. Plus how many races have they won. I know dungey will win on a ktm but just does not seem like the best move to me.

I dont see why he would want to be on ktm. I know decoster is there and they have to be coming in heavy with the pay check but they also had their share of bike issues also. Plus how many races have they won. I know dungey will win on a ktm but just does not seem like the best move to me.

When you have a short career as a professional athlete with very limited time to make your money......... the most sense is to make as much as you can while you can so that you can retire after your short career is over. Ryan Dungey was home schooled, went right to a factory race team at Age 16, and has no degree or college experience to fall back on after motocross is over. I doubt he was training as a trade worker while growing up racing the amatuer scene...... so what makes the most sense is go where the money is! Since Suzuki has been having financial problems, it makes sense that he move away from there (not because of the bike or anything else - just the money). And since KTM has Red Bull tied to it at the hip, they have probably more money and resources than any other team on the planet and are trying to crack this American Market. They'll spend as much money as possible to get that illusive win and championship in the Big Bike class........... going after a proven winner / top 3 guy in both series is the way to do it. So what if they haven't before in the USA, they've won championships in the second biggest series in the world (FIM World Championship) many times and know how to get it done. Now they are spending the money here to get it done and get it done right.

I think it's a good move for Dungey, I'm sure he's being paid well for his services and KTM hopes that he will get the "monkey off their back" and if he does, it's a win / win for both of them.

Least its better than having possible corporate sabotage, If Dungey wouldnt have had bike problems in both SX and MX this year he would've more than likely had the points lead. I read awhile ago, that last year Suzuki was way behind on paying Dungey because they did not anticipate him to win both titles like that and so many races, I believe they owed him like something like $1.3 mil?Just seems odd, they never had these bike problems with Ricky, but then again the economy was a tad better then...

When you have a short career as a professional athlete with very limited time to make your money......... the most sense is to make as much as you can while you can so that you can retire after your short career is over. Ryan Dungey was home schooled, went right to a factory race team at Age 16, and has no degree or college experience to fall back on after motocross is over. I doubt he was training as a trade worker while growing up racing the amatuer scene...... so what makes the most sense is go where the money is! Since Suzuki has been having financial problems, it makes sense that he move away from there (not because of the bike or anything else - just the money). And since KTM has Red Bull tied to it at the hip, they have probably more money and resources than any other team on the planet and are trying to crack this American Market. They'll spend as much money as possible to get that illusive win and championship in the Big Bike class........... going after a proven winner / top 3 guy in both series is the way to do it. So what if they haven't before in the USA, they've won championships in the second biggest series in the world (FIM World Championship) many times and know how to get it done. Now they are spending the money here to get it done and get it done right.

I think it's a good move for Dungey, I'm sure he's being paid well for his services and KTM hopes that he will get the "monkey off their back" and if he does, it's a win / win for both of them.

Good points. I remember when RC went to Suzuki, it was looked at as a questionable move. Everyone thought it was going to be MC all over, but instead, the GOAT turned the team around and they've been a powerhouse ever since. I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey does the same with KTM.

See I don't believe that to be true, at least about the money, Dungey seems to be one of the more honest, clean, riders, which sometimes you wish he'd just make the pass even if it meant a little bump here or there, I have yet to see him ride dirty, and it kind of incorporates to the person he is. Back when he was making the step up to the 450 and resigning with Rockstar makita, <b>Suzuki did offer to pay him more money,</b> but he declined it!!! He felt he hadn't earned it yet. He wanted to accomplish something for suzuki before he took more money.

Back