2012 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Sept. 15, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dates announced for 2012 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Tens of thousands of vintage enthusiasts to gather on July 20-22

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to announce the 2012 dates for the country's premier annual celebration of vintage motorcycling. AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will take place on July 20-22, 2012, at the world-class Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

"For more than two decades, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has been the premier summer event for motorcyclists of all ages and interests," said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. "The event truly has something for everyone, from off-road racing in the woods to spectacular bike shows to the enormous swap meet. Generations of riders have come to love the event for what it is: a three-day celebration of motorcycling's past and present."

Added Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course President Craig Rust: "We're thrilled to announce the dates for the 2012 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. Each year, the event brings a large crowd and a great deal of attention to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. It's our goal to work with the AMA to grow this event year after year, and we feel the 2012 edition will be a big one."

A fundraiser for the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days features classic motorcycles of all makes and styles, and honors the riders who made them famous. Activities include the AMA Racing Vintage Grand Championships, which include roadracing, motocross, hare scrambles, trials and dirt-track; North America's largest motorcycle swap meet; bike shows and awards; stunt shows; demo rides of current production bikes; and seminars on a number of topics by noted motorcycling experts.
All proceeds from AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days benefit the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum. The goal of the Hall of Fame, located on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio, is to tell the stories and preserve the history of motorcycling's legends and heroes. For more information, call (614) 856-2222, or visit the Hall of Fame's website at MotorcycleMuseum.org.

For updates about events and activities, as well as information about past AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, visit AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.com. Ticket information will be available at MidOhio.com.

Woohoo...I hope they bring the Log Road guys back to do the track!

Currently, weather forecast looking good..rain on Wednesday and Thursday and then sunny for the weekend with temps expected to be in the mid 70's.

mooch, Are you just venting or have you been working without proper ventilation again? :rolleyes:

If I were venting, I would of probably brought up something about the starting gate....so I'll go with improper ventilation this time.

With you bringing up the ventilation thing, i know I'll never doubt your listening skills!

Back