Best dirt

rabrian18

PR Member
What track do you think has the best dirt in Ohio? Don't want to start any fights. Just curious what everyone thought.

Based on last night, I would put Apple Cabin up there. Also, in the days of yore, I would say Wild Wilderness.

cabin dirt was awesome las tnight. started getting a little slick at the end of the night when the temp dropped though!

I ALWAYS liked Kenworthy's dirt. The track was on a farm next to a river. I have never in my life seen taller corn or darker motocross dirt! The national there was always in late July so the corn was thriving at that point. They would soak it with water the night before and soak it again in the am. Muddy in practice, but mint by the first set of motos...big ruts and big jumps...awesome.

Right now, Briarcliff consistently has the best dirt to ride on that I've been on in Ohio. Expanding to other states and then Red Bud has perfect dirt / sand mix to keep things perfect on a MX track.

Since I am in school for this maybe I should look into what type of loam is best for us. What mix of sand, silt and clay holds moisture the best and what not.

Since I am in school for this maybe I should look into what type of loam is best for us. What mix of sand, silt and clay holds moisture the best and what not.
What? Where do you take classes for motocross dirt? LOL
Any dirt is better than no dirt... or should I say lack of dirt. As long as it is not rocky. IMO

What? Where do you take classes for motocross dirt? LOL
Any dirt is better than no dirt... or should I say lack of dirt. As long as it is not rocky. IMO

OSU for Environment and Natural Resources. I was about 10 minutes into soil science when I stopped listening to lecture and started day dreaming about taking samples from various tracks and looking at it in the lab to figure out the mixture. I could do it too, just have to get samples from different tracks.

Cliff has very nice dirt....But Dirt world has some good brownie mix....Not open as much as THE CLIFF so its a hidden Gem in OHIO MX

@ streaks383
AHHH! good deal. I remember I had to pay a fella about $250 to take some core samples, for leach field. I thought it was a little high considering my son takes dirt samples for free at the tracks. LOL!
Cant say which ones he likes best though.

@ streaks383
AHHH! good deal. I remember I had to pay a fella about $250 to take some core samples, for leach field. I thought it was a little high considering my son takes dirt samples for free at the tracks. LOL!
Cant say which ones he likes best though.

Well if anyone is down here by Columbus and wants to bring me a gallon ziploc bag from their favorite track I can definitely let everyone know what percentage of sand, silt and clay it contains. I guess I could compile data and store it if any promoter really wants to go all out and mix up their dirt.

OSU for Environment and Natural Resources. I was about 10 minutes into soil science when I stopped listening to lecture and started day dreaming about taking samples from various tracks and looking at it in the lab to figure out the mixture. I could do it too, just have to get samples from different tracks.
Bet the govt would throw grants at you that could get you to all the nationals for soil samples.

Bet the govt would throw grants at you that could get you to all the nationals for soil samples.

The government only gives grants for certain things. If I could make it relate to global climate change I could get one. But I don't know how good mx dirt can be spun for that.

The government only gives grants for certain things. If I could make it relate to global climate change I could get one. But I don't know how good mx dirt can be spun for that.

Here's the spin you can use:

"By determining what makes ideal MX dirt, we would be able to reduce the amount of CO2 emissions from motocross bikes. People would no longer ride multiple times per week searching for the perfect soil. Rather, they would know with absolute certainty what creates the best soil, reducing search time and thereby reducing emissions. This will fight the ever increasing CO2 levels. In addition, tracks without the perfect soil would not spend as much time running equipment trying to create better conditions. This would reduce emissions significantly"

It's our government.......they would believe it!

Back