Monster energy cup

TCracing

PR Addict
Any predictions on who has the best shot?
I'm torn between the two Ryan's and I bet James will come out WFO like a C-Class rider on steroids and crash out. Any takers?

I previously got my wires crossed or mis-informed about the two Ryans riding the Monster Cup.
OK so this is the list I got, and I don't see a Ryan Dungey on there. Why on earth would someone like that (having good potential) not ride this event? If I were in his shoes I wouldn't pass it up. Of course I've never gotten a $5 Mil. contract with KtM either! LOL!!!

Chad Reed
Andrew Short *
James Stewart
Kevin Windham
Mike Alessi
Josh Hansen
Cole Seely
Wil Hahn *
Ivan Tedesco
Michael Byrne
Dean Wilson
Brett Metcalfe
Tyler Bowers
Jake Weimer
Mavin Musquin
Ryan Villopoto

Pretty sure KTM is making a fuel injected 450 for him. Not sure why he can't ride another bike till that one is good to go.

I don't think there has been an official press release about RD to KTM. But on racerxonline, "they" mentioned he is in Austria testing right now. Why would he want to hurry along or cut short his testing to come to the Monster Cup? He is smart by not doin it I think. There is lots more money to be made throughout the season by way of AMA championships and bonuses. It's better for him to NOT rush this process...and it will be a process....ugh....

Tough to bet against Josh Hansen. He's fast enough, gets good starts, and usually shines at these one-off type events.

I don't think there has been an official press release about RD to KTM. But on racerxonline, "they" mentioned he is in Austria testing right now. Why would he want to hurry along or cut short his testing to come to the Monster Cup? He is smart by not doin it I think. There is lots more money to be made throughout the season by way of AMA championships and bonuses. It's better for him to NOT rush this process...and it will be a process....ugh....

Can you provide a link to this news from racerX, I read it pretty close and evidently missed it. Thanks

Hansen is a good pick. The 3 main events are only 10 laps long with NO whoops and NO triples....gonna be unique! Evryone at that level can haul tail for 10 laps...especially without whoops.

Thanks Hersh552 for the link but...

"rumors have it that Dungey is over in Austria right now riding"

rumors everywhere about everybody...

if someone on Pitracer said there is a rumor, I wouldn't believe it as much as I would coming from a writer for RacerX. Those guys have their fingers on the very pulse of American motocross. They have contacts around the globe. There are alot of rumors out there, true...but that doesn't even sound far fetched.

Back