Go pro problems

hershey

PR Elite
I have gone through 3 sd cards now. All of them have either gone dead or the files get corrupted. Anyone have these problems? Is it the camera or the card ?

Mine just did the same thing, i havent tried it with the new card yet.

The card that died was a PNY Optima.

Dave this is a 100% totally free program that I have used in the past to recover corrupted, deleted, & formatted memory cards.
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
It has worked on SD, CF, & Sony MS cards successfully for me.
I'm not familiar with the GoPro units but with SLR's you must format the cards in the camera before use. If you format them with a computer they won't record anything.

buy a Kingston 16gb CLASS 4 card and you will have no issues. SD cards have a lifespan, some better than others. We have had several issues amoungst our group and several calls to gopro. They say use the Kingston Class4 since then no issues.

So if you guys don't mind me asking, exactly what issues or symptoms did you guys have?

My wife bought me one last Christmas, I finally bought a memory card, an 8G, speed class 10, SanDisk brand, and used the camera yesterday while riding.

When played back at home last night, a couple of short moments during playback on my TV the camera seemed to lose it's color during the recording on the track. Color returned but there was definitely a glitch of some sort there.

And I did give the battery a full charge before I used it.

Never had that happen, my problem was specifically with the memory card. The computer will no longer recognize it, like its not even there.

Back