open practice Sunday 25th at COCR

hippiemcgrath

PR Addict
We are gonna have practice this Sunday. It will run from 11:00 to 4:00 pm. We normally drag practice out a little, so don't think its too late. We have recently changed our track and would like you, the riders to come test it. If your planning on racing in the Thrills in the hills race. You are gonna want to ride the track. We are wanting feedback so we can make any adjustments before next weeks race. It's been chiseled and has been soaking the rain. I will be moving hay bales around during practice so the lines will have to change. If the other tracks are rained out, check us out. Our clay can take alot of rain and still dry out quick. Hope to see you Sunday, Later

How will the practice be run? Fully open or will you have groups?
How will you work Mini’s, Pee-Wee’s and Quads?
I like the hay bale idea. That always worked out well for Kenworthys.

We normally break up the practice for the younger riders. It just depends on how big the crowd is. If we get alot of riders, I would imagine maybe 20 minute sessions. I guess big bikes, little bikes, and quads all seperate untill there is too many big bikes then it will ge by bore size. Everyone will get their time to ride. Hope to see you at the track! Later

Is the practice still on for tomorrow? We got alot of rain up where I am. If possible give us an update so we can plan accordingly. THANKS!

I heard tonight from a reliable source that it was hard packed and dusty, they were supposed to put water on it all day. I guess they just thought it was a greatday so they rode it and now its so hard packed and were headed to BC.

The track was dry on top earlier today, and guys were riding which does help the moisture. Not. I unloaded 7 truck loads of water while another member kept chisel plowin it in. I'm going back in the morning. I will be there in the water truck until you start practice. The tractor will be running and chiseling in the moisture until about 9:30 am. then we will switch and disc everything until its all fine. No chunks. I was the one who spoke to Sparky earlier. I was pretty discouraged that people were riding when we should be watering or at least working towards an event. I sold this to everyone meaning you guys. So I watered til about 8:15 and will be back in that truck at like 6:00 am at the latest. My goal is to get 10 more loads turned in and go riding. I sure hope someone comes. We are going to try and shoot that video tommorrow morning before practice. So its gonna look muddy as heck but thats what it has to be before you start riding. I"m work my tail off fella's. Cut me some slack and come check us out tommorrow 11:00 to 4:00.

I'm headed back to the water truck. The prep won't end till you are riding. I said it was gonna be nice and it will be. See ya later today. I'll be coming around to everyone for opinions so please be constructive and give us some help. Thanks to all those who can make it. And to those who can't. Well, you just missed "Tin Cup's eleven shot hole in one." I love movie references. My inner retard finds it funny. I sure hope somebody gets them. See ya later fella's.

Hey its nice. I watered till dark last night and this morning before sun up. So come on down. I am going to try and attach a track pic if I can do it.

Thumbs up on the open practice today!
We had to be back in Heath early, but I could of rode that track all day long.
Thanks for the hard work and can't wait to come back to COCR.

Nice to see alot or riders out there today

track overdone on watering in my opintion, especially along the woods track layout is awsome its fun to ride other than having it not near as wet, only thing id change is having the pa system up and the quads in thier own practice group I think the pratice went well in my opinion

in order to have multiple lines you need to have it less wet, shouldnt be a challenge just
to keep your balance on a dry day.

remember that soil isnt soil its mostly clay and when its soaked its nothing but slime
just an opinion, I know how much hard work goes into this. The dozer guy did a great job!!!

We had a good time yesterday. A big step in the right direction for COCR! A little more tweeking on the prep and it will be perfect (a little too wet in spots)

Thanks for coming fella's. I didn't get to ride till about 2:00 pm. By then it was tracked in good and rutted up perfect. I agree some spots were too wet. Back by the woods after the big table top stays shaded all day and doesn't dry as fast as everywhere else. A couple other spots were too wet also but if there would have been more riders it would have tracked in. Watering is really a guessing game. If I'm too wet it's better than too dry. Cause if its too dry I can't fix it quickly. We will have a dozer on hand this weekend to fix these sticky spots. The quad practice thing is a must. I plan to try and get different color wrist bands when we have practice again. A guy at the track suggested this to me yesturday as a solution to everybody running in the "novice/vet class". His solution was too ask what class you are when you sign up and give you an according color wrist band. Then have different color class practices and you would only get the right guys on the track at the right time. I told that guy he would hear about his solution and we would try to use it. Hope to see you and all your friends this weekend for the Thrills races. Come help support the riders. This is their race, Thanks

I think that the track all along the woods all the way down doesnt get dried out nearly as fast as the rest of the track does maybe try to lighten up on the water on them areas that is the section along where the triple jump was, then before and after the long table, on corner was a bit greasy other than that I think it was pretty good. An idea to help with the dust is to mix some mulch into the dirt. That was done at honda hills for years in the 80's and if you did have to crash it was nicer to fall on as well as it helped with the dust. I think that would help a bunch If you guys need any last minute help have Marco or Shawn or Gary get iin touch with me (Jon)and I will try to give you guys a hand after work. I get home at 4 The JD mower is ready if needed. Bracelet Idea is a good one. Also a nice problem to have is many rider that need split up into sessions!!! If I dont go to Steel City this weekend I will come out to work/race on Saturday

Me thinks that some muddy patch's throughout the track add a nice touch. Makes it more real to me. Keeps it interesting.

There were a couple corners where we entered with heavy traffic, and crowding to the well worn ruts, almost single line. Man I don't think twice about steering for the mud with a handful of throttle and trying my hardest to beat the crowd out of the corner. That's a lot of fun and for me, THAT'S OUTDOOR MOTOCROSS!

Saturday COCR was a track that I think most anybody could ride safely. Having natural inclines, downhills, hillside off cambers, simple and loads of fun for everyone.

Back