SMITH ROAD ideas/thoughts

410FILMS

PR Member
So we all know now that smith road has a new owner. Some of us have rode their under the new ownership. I went there this saturday for practice and i must say the track was pretty good for the conditions (weather). I just wanted to post this so that we all can help out give ideas and thoughts on what we think can help the owner and better smith road. The main thing i notice was the track was really one line the main reason for that was the track was really tight/narrow. Also when i think of smith road i think of a pretty fast track it seemed like on saturday you were on and off the gas alot. Not saying thats a bad thing it really is good for turn practice but the flow was a little off. Other then that i thought the track was fun and the idea of saturday practice is a plus for me. Hopefully this helps out somewhat.

I say leave it alone. The tight track means you learn how to pass. It is awesome corner practice. Love it how it is !!!!

^^^ HaHa! They WILL come... then they WILL go out in ambulances and helicopters. There are alotta tracks like that ^^^, but Smith Rd. is the only natural track around. One line, ruts, and changes in direction and layout are what we love. It may be on and off the gas this time, and wide open the next. I say to keep going with the facelift, but keep it what it is. The new owners know what we we like:) --Tony C.

looks like luckystar got caught slippin, tryin to be cool.maybe you should just go ride the kids track at battlesburg.

looks like luckystar got caught slippin, tryin to be cool.maybe you should just go ride the kids track at battlesburg.

^^^ What's that supposed to mean? I have no idea who you are, but I'm sure I was riding at Smith Rd. before you were born son. I'll ride at any track I feel like riding on, and I'd imagine that you'd be one of the... people who'd need helicoptered out if they did build it. I hope the same teacher who taught you your capitalization skills-- didn't teach you to ride too. If you want to take this up further-- send any reply to PM. You're stinking up somebodys' thread bro. --Tony C.

For the most part I agree and say leave it alone. Great corner track. It would be nice to see it a bit wider in a FEW areas. Maybe add a small mound going uphill for a jump and leave it at that for now. Smith has a loyal following and you would be silly to go messing with it right off the rip. Especially with the season being close to over.

Smith road needs turnouts that are way bigger. In order for that to happen i believe leaving it alone is a bad idea. Smith road is a great peice of property. The track has to be opened up us all the land more high speed(this will still leave tons of corners for turn practice) add jumps that all age/skill will enjoy like big tables or double with forgiving landings. All this i believe will bring more people to the track.

Back