Baby Burr Dual Sport

IMRiz

PR Member
Okay pitracers, this is your last chance in 2011 to participate in an AMA KTM sponsored dual sport. The KTM National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series hosts it's last Ohio appearance in 2011 on the weekend of October 8th & 9th, 2011 in McArthur, Ohio. The Enduro Riders Association proudly hosts the 23rd annual Baby Burr National Dual Sport Trail Ride, a 200 mile ride in the scenic hills of southern Ohio. The event consists of two 100 plus mile days, lunch each day served at a halfway point, a KTM sponsored Saturday afternoon hog roast, door prizes donated by the event sponsors and all entries are automatically included into the 2011 AMA/KTM 530 EXC drawing. Last year the guy that won the KTM 530 was a first time dual sport rider. So this is your opportunity, strap on a headlight that may work or may not, grab the plate off your road bike and mount it to your rear fender.

I will be going down Friday night, and camping both days. Camping is available for a small fee, at the Vinton County Junior Fairgrounds. They feed the heck out of you, plus I'll bring some energy food, maybe my own breakfast but they will have that covered as well, for donation to a local group that will serve us. This is billed as the best trail ride of the year. The Baby Burr 200 mile National Dual Sport Trail Ride's goal is to provide as much trail as possible. There will be several Enduro loops provided each day. And there are "easy outs" should one get tired or sore. There is always a way around a big obstacle or an easy route back to the staging area (Vinton Fairgrounds). There is also a sweep crew that comes through and helps anyone needing assistance.

Your entry fee includes a hot lunch on the trail and a late afternoon hog roast on Saturday. A hot lunch on the trail will be provided on Sunday as well. Door Prizes will be provided to as many riders as possible. In recent years, due to generous support of the sponsors, usually every entry got some sort of a prize. Though this is a 2-day event, they also offer a one day entry available for those with scheduling conflicts or wimpy arms. Two day riders have priority for the door prizes, encouraging people to participate for two days.

For more information, here is the flyer:

www.enduroriders.com/images/2011_Baby_Burr_flyer.pdf

If you've never tried a dual sport before, consider it. This is a fun, amazing time. These clubs work their tails off securing agreements with private land owners, then going in and cutting the trials, many times right through a pricker patch (Frankly I don't know how they do it, I try that at my place and never seem to get a clear path through). I'll tell you this too, it's not easy by any stretch of the means. Just see if you can finish day one, then if you do, try day two. It took me a year before I ever even finished one 2-day event. It's hard, every bit as hard as any enduro, including the Big Muskie National we all rode in this year. Expect steep uphills, steep downhills, ruts, roots, lots of roots, river crossings, rocks, tight tree sections and tons of off camber crap. And if it's wet, well it's a whole different course then. Nothing worse that slippery, off-camber root trails along the side of a southern Ohio foothill, down through a gully and straight up the other side. Like I said, first timers, just try and finish. Bring lots of energy foods/supplements, tools and a smile. You'll have a blast!

I love dual sportin', what a great and growing sport. I mean KTM and the AMA have sponsored it for the last several years. It's growing, and when the helmets come off, its usually gray old dorks like myself, only they usually are much faster. Hey what can I say, i'm on a husky. I'm supposed to be slow, clogging up the trail. What else do husky riders ever do???????

Anyone interested, have questions, etc. post here and we'll get an early jump on this event. This one is always a blast, has very ride-able trails, great food and you'll see many friends that you'll be like, "I wondered what happened to you...."

2012 BABY BURR AMA HUSQVARNA NATIONAL DUAL SPORT TRAIL RIDE

We would like to invite you to participate in THE BEST TRAIL RIDE OF THE YEAR. The 24rd Annual Baby Burr 200 Mile AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Ride. It will be held October 6th and 7th, 2012 in southeastern Ohio
The start is at The Vinton County Junior Fairgrounds in McArthur, Ohio. It is our goal to provide as much trail as possible. There will be several enduro loops provided each day.

Your entry fee includes a hot lunch on the trail and a late afternoon hog roast on Saturday. A hot lunch on the trail will be provided on Sunday. Door Prizes will be provided to as many riders as possible. In recent years, due to generous support of our sponsors we have been able to provide every entry with a door prize.

This is a 2-day event, however, we have made a one day entry available for those of you that have scheduling conflicts and are unable to ride both days. Please keep in mind the 2-day riders will have priority for door prizes. We would like to encourage as many riders as possible to ride both days.

Enduro riders are welcome and encouraged to participate. The bike requirements are the same and the trails are just as challenging. This is your opportunity to experience a great weekend with your friends riding many of the best trails in Southern Ohio.

TECH INSPECTION BEFORE
SIGN-UP AT ALL EVENTS.
Headlight, taillight, license plate attached to rear fender.
96 db sound test.
NO RIDING ON MX TRACK.

For more information check out our website at: http://www.enduroriders.com
Or call 614-582-7821 (no calls after 9 p.m.) or e-mail at: 1sbarber1@gmail.com
200 Mile National Dual Sport Trail Ride October 6th and 7th, 2012, McArthur, Ohio

The Enduro Riders Association is proud to present the 2012, 24rd Annual Baby Burr AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Ride. A 200 mile ride in the scenic hills of southern Ohio. Consists of two 100 plus mile days. It is our goal to provide as much trail as possible, pavement will only be used to connect trail sections. The entry fee includes lunch each day. Local KTM Dealers Wheelsports and OhioMotorcycle sponsored Saturday afternoon hog roast. Door prizes are donated by event sponsors.

All entries are automatically included in the 2012 AMA HUSQVARNA TE drawing.

Motel List
Logan: Amerihost, 740-385-1700
McArthur: Steels Motel, 740-596-2001
Chilicothe: Holiday Inn, 740-775-7000
Chilicothe: Comfort Inn, 740-775-3500
Chilicothe: Best Value Inn, 740-775-2500
Jackson: Days Inn, 740-286-3464
Athens: Days Inn, 740-592-4000
Athens: Amerihost, 740-594-3000
Additional Motel information posted on ERA website
Camping available for a fee

Entry fee:
2-Day non AMA member $100.00
2-Day AMA member $90.00
1-Day non AMA member $55.00
1-Day AMA member $50
Sign-up time:
Friday, 5 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m.
Sunday 7 a.m.
First bike out: 9 a.m.
Last bike out: 10 a.m.
You will need a 60 mile gas range.
ALL MINORS MUST HAVE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN PRESENT
GPS cordinates N 39º 16.087’ W 082º 28.503’

Incidentally, they guy who won the KTM 520 they gave away at the end of the season, competed in ONE dual sport last year. And he won a new bike. This year they are giving away a big Husqvarna, participate in one dual sport and be entered to win!!! Except I'm going to win it so don't get your hopes up.

At 1st I thought I replied to a year old thread, maybe you should edit your 1st post to contain what's in your later post in case someone else ignores because of the date.

2011 Baby Burr

These are random pics from the 2011 Baby Burr. I just remembered, after looking at these, the haunted tunnel. This is so cool, about a 1/4-1/2 mile old tunnel for who knows what, maybe a train or something. It was dark but i just stayed in the middle. Oh, and it was mostly water the whole way. I'll upload the video next. The scene on the hay wagon and the farm below is where they serve lunch on Sunday. It's awesome, you ride your coco's off through a long woods section and come out after a big uphill on top of this little foothill/clearing. They have a hot lunch set up, great place to say "Fare Thee Well" to the dual sport season. Hope to see more new faces there. Have a good one folks.

Attachments

• P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 353
  • P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 313
  • P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 318
  • P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 305
  • P1010041.jpg
    P1010041.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 303
  • P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 301
  • P1010043.jpg
    P1010043.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 295
  • P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 307
  • P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 285
  • P1010059.jpg
    P1010059.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010060.jpg
    P1010060.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 322
  • P1010071.jpg
    P1010071.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 301
  • P1010072.jpg
    P1010072.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 314
Here is the video I took from the Haunted Tunnel section of the Baby Burr dual sport. This is a killer part of the ride for sure and a good representation of what type of stuff you'll typically see on a dual sport. The organizers try to make it as cool as possible, go figure. Enjoy!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vs5xlNbKrAw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the link incase that embed code doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5xlNbKrAw

Recently posted by Kory on KTMTalk:

A couple of us put in an optional "A ONLY' section today for the Burr. It is a real "A" section...
No chickens allowed… Some trials riding practice won't hurt either.

It looks like this will be near the end of the day on Sunday.

If Kory say's it's a true "A Only" section, I would count on that for sure, especially if he had something to do with laying it out. but we'll try it anyways!!!!

Here is a list of great video action from the Baby Burr last year. Have you ever hammered a creek bed for several miles? The first video is part of that famous "creek ride" we all enjoy each year. I remember one year, after lunch in the rain, just hammering that creek uphill. It was flowin', it is shale based and open. Just get on the gas and go! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/0-B1gBy5Z3A

http://youtu.be/UPtlDSkp6KY

http://youtu.be/TTEVS-LP9zQ

http://youtu.be/jt10R1hQjNo

http://youtu.be/zch2YXJ6zJI

http://youtu.be/JUtQTawtx7g

http://youtu.be/2u5KPOJLz_0

http://youtu.be/J98c3yYsWhs

http://youtu.be/gfQvtCsFGdM

From KTMTalk posts:

well i finally got the route card done for sat ride.
the numbers go like this 82.2 main course not riding the enduro loops
108.0 riding all the enduro loops
55.9 to gas and 52.3 to finish. not riding all the loops about 41 each way.

The event is on the Vinton county fairgrounds. the fair board runs the camping, there are quite a few sites with hookups water and electric. they are 25 per nite i think and no hookup sites are 15. they are 1st come 1st serve.there are also poles with electric.

Well the weather outlook is piss-poor. In fact, every time I check it it get's worse. only a 30% chance of rain supposedly on Saturday, 40% on Sunday but it is cold too. This is the kinda ridin' that separates fair weather guys from the hard core radicals. I'm some where in the middle. I want to bag but don't want to miss this because: A) it's the last Husqvarna sponsored Dual Sport of the year, B) It's one of the best dual sports in its still two days and over 200 miles of riding, C) great camping area, D) warm dog to keep me kozy at night, E) the weather guys are usually wrong, F) my one buddy won't let me bag, G) I won't let me bag, H) the haunted Tunnel on Sunday, I)season is almost over and the myans said this is the end of time so last dual sport of my existence if they are right (I already went to my last ever baseball game if the world ends), J) Last opportunity to hang with my dual sport buddies this year (man, it's been a blast. you see the same guys over and over, I don't know any of their names but we always go, "Hey, heeyyyy, how you doin? Good to see ya!" then I think, what the heck is that guys name? Or you camp next to someone and find out they live on my street. This stuff is fun, i hope more people take advantage of this sport. There is a ton of work that goes on around these events, think about it, someone has to clear these 3-10 mile woods sections. Though there are maybe remnants of last year's trails they still get tremendously overgrown, washed out and monster trees drop. I mean I try and clear a trail on my property and after the first pricker patch i'm ready to drop over. An example of what goes into these events i thought about last week. I was flyin' through the woods on the Nutcracker 100 when I saw out of the corner of my eye, the tree that someone had to cut a 5 foot section out of so the trail could go through there. the cut mark was black half way through the 2 foot in diameter massive tree. I thought of my own chain saw and how much a big cut like that takes out of me and the saw. Who ever cut that tree spent some time doing it, and took some time off his saw's life, then had to strap it back on his bike and motor to the next obstacle. This year was really tough cause of the really bad storms they had, tons of downed trees. Many of them they leave and you go over but some are just too big for that. I thought about that guy that destroyed his saw on that tree that 200 riders flew by in a flash of an instant. who would even know some guy (probably Kevin Brown himself) sat there on the side of that off camber mini-mountain and burned through a 2 foot tree twice so we could just fly through there? it's good stuff.

Another thing that goes unnoticed, these clubs have to clean up afterwards, all the arrows, and even rake out big mudholes and fix water lines as required by the generous private land owners that let us use their land for one day. these trails aren't on Wayne National Forest groomed four wheeler trails, these are on single track cut through private property for one day's use, once a year. then secured back as private property. These events are really quite amazing, and I am surprised that we are even allowed to still have them. Branch out people, consider strapping a fake headlight and taillight, and your harley plate on your motocross bike, and come on out and give a dual sport a try. It's not a race, it's more of a, "can you finish it, did you ride all the sections, and will you do it again tomorrow?" Remember, hot lunches served on the trials both days and a pig roast on Saturday night, all included in with the sign up fee. giveaways too courtesy of the sponsors, and an entry into a drawing for a brand new Husqvarna 4-stroker. So what are you waiting for?

Stop by this weekend if you see me and my dog hangin' out on the hill straight back once you pull into Vinton County Junior Fairgrounds. gonna be a hoot!!!!! I'm all pumped up cause I watched Dust to Glory last night, so this weekend will be "dual sport glory" for me! Enjoy the ride people!

Baby Burr 2012

Well it was the ride of the season. Two days of unbelievable single-track trail. There was a little bit of everything. It only rained in the middle of the night on Friday, and that was enough to keep the dust down. The soil was perfect, loamy, dry and fresh. Tons of traction, which was nice. There were a bunch of really rocky uphills on Sunday, as long as you had your speed up, they weren't an issue. It was cold at night, I will say that. One guy had a dish on his motor home and we got to watch the OSU game Saturday, that was nice. Great hog roast on Saturday, and tons of door prizes. I won a pair of KTM gloves. I may have made fun of them at the time but I pitched those crappy Fly gloves after two rides and a handful of blisters. Got to ride most of the weekend with my buddy Jonathan, who got back into dual sporting after a three year layoff, on my old bike!!! It was funny seeing my old bike rolling down the trail, then on the road on a trailer when I blew by them on the way home. Had to take a photo of that. Here's a few pics from the day. Hard to believe the 2012 Husqvarna AMA Dual Sport series is over.

Embarrassingly enough, the sweep crew caught us, and it wasn't because of our huskies. We had a tube so we helped a guy on a Berg change his rear tire, then late in the day we found a KTM and a helmet laying on its side in the middle of nowhere on the side of a hill. I found the guy walking down the trail a couple miles later, Jon and I both rode him double for a while before we returned to his bike and used a 2-cycle bottle to give him gas. We got him going, but he had a third flat on the day. Though he already had his 21" tube in his rear wheel, he wasn't in the mood to fix this one (nor was the sweep crew that then caught us) so he limped home the last 5 miles on a flat rear tire. Poor guy, had to ride on two different huskies, then put husky blood in his KTM. I wonder if he will read this? Digital camera age is a Beyotch! Oh, and I had to take a photo of the killer country side and a Amish Buggy lot that we came out upon. There were like 30 buggies, the horse bridles hanging on them, and no horses or people around anywhere. Don't ask me, but I had to take a photo. Also, on Sunday we rode that famous shale bottom creek for several miles, this year we went DOWN the waterfall, and I didn't see it comin'. My arms and front wheel got there long before my body.

The Baby Burr is a premium dual sport event. There was plenty of everything. From Saturday morning until about mid-Sunday, I marveled at the fall colors. After that time I was sick of the fall colors and wanted to see the dashboard of my truck heading north! Yea haw!

Attachments

• P1010066.jpg
    P1010066.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 285
  • P1010067.jpg
    P1010067.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010069.jpg
    P1010069.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 255
  • P1010076.jpg
    P1010076.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 609
  • P1010081.jpg
    P1010081.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010087.jpg
    P1010087.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 269
  • P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 283
  • P1010094.jpg
    P1010094.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 291
  • P1010095.jpg
    P1010095.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 294
  • P1010096.jpg
    P1010096.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 282
  • P1010097.jpg
    P1010097.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 263
  • P1010099.jpg
    P1010099.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 312
  • P1010101.jpg
    P1010101.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 282
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 270
  • P1010106.jpg
    P1010106.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 273
  • P1010108.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 289
  • P1010109.jpg
    P1010109.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 292
  • P1010112.jpg
    P1010112.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 277
  • P1050876.jpg
    P1050876.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 278
  • P1050881.jpg
    P1050881.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 280
  • P1050882.jpg
    P1050882.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 277
  • P1050884.JPG
    P1050884.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 264
Riz….I don’t care if I’m the only one reading your posts….(But I'm not) they’re Awesome! Keep em’ coming!
And the Burr looks cool. I’ll bet you guys have great adventures!

Yes I do, my buddy made those graphics for me. It wasn't my first choice but beggars can't complain too loudly. So I look like (possibly justifiably so) an egotistical kinda guy that puts his name on the side of his bike. I probably cry my own name out during sex! Just kidding. Yes that was me.

AMA Hill climb this weekend, starting a new thread now, sorry Pit.

Got to ride most of the weekend with my buddy Jonathan, who got back into dual sporting after a three year layoff, on my old bike!!! It was funny seeing my old bike rolling down the trail, then on the road on a trailer when I blew by them on the way home.

I met your buddy Jonathan a few months ago and had planned to ride with him a little at this event but I was required to spend my money on chains and sprockets for my 950 I'll be taking on a trip shortly.

I know what you mean when it's weird to see your old bike, I sold my Husky and my truck to a friend as a package deal. When ever he pulles up with the bike in the back it's like a dejavu flash back, almost scary

Is there one more dual sport this fall or is that just the road enduro I'm thinking about?

Back