CRA. Why no 125 class and no utility quad class?

PR Member
Would there be a chance of the CRA ever having a 125 class or a utility quad class? They have pit bike races and special 3-wheeler/UTV races all the time I can't see why we couldn't hold a few utility races or a small series at a few tracks. ??

Yes, but I'm talking MX! I remember racing my Suzuki LT80 2 stroke in the mini quad class back at Lo-Conn speedway 99-2001 era.. near Wooster and seeing 4 or 5 utility's out there racing!

125 class should be a no-brainer, Smith Rd always has 2 full gates of 125's, B and C. Gives another class for tiddler vets and the school-boy kids.

I read somewhere that there will be a 125 Open class added to the schedule for Loretta Lynns, which will be awesome! But, why would you want a utility quad class? Who would want to watch that? A bunch of 30+ guys riding around in flannels, afraid to jump anything because they don't want to hurt the rack on it so they can haul their deer out of the woods in november.

Would there be a chance of the CRA ever having a 125 class or a utility quad class? They have pit bike races and special 3-wheeler/UTV races all the time I can't see why we couldn't hold a few utility races or a small series at a few tracks. ??

Are you serious?? A utility quad class............as if there arent enough classes already. Give me a break, please.

The 125 will have to run with the 250f 's again next year or in the 2 stroke class unless a lot of people email the CRA to show an interest in a 125 cc only class. The rules and classes are being set in stone next month, so don't wait...let the CRA know what you the racers want.

If you want a utility quad class, all you need to do is get a half dozen of your buddies to commit, and call the promoter in advance, and just about any one of them will give you an exhibition class at a specific event. The CRA does not have pit bike or UTV classes. Those are done by the race promoter as non points exhibition classes. This is the first year for a CRA 3 Wheeler Series, and that was a cooperative effort between the CRA, OTC and the promoters who wished to host us at events where we could commit to a respectable turnout. All prior year events, and outlaw events at which you saw 3 wheeler classes were a result of OTC organizing outside and then working with the promoters to accomodate us. If you can bring a half dozen utility quads to a race, most promoters will give you a class. If you can consistantly deliver on participation, then you can approach the CRA concerning a series. If it trunes out that there are only a couple of you, race Woodsman and battle each other in the back of the pack until you generate enough interest for a utility class.

Yeah that's what we need....more classes, longer days, less riding for the money and worse track condition! Sounds like a terrible idea so im sure it will happen then..

jeez soemone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol

jk buddy.. im with ya. i cant see adding a utlility class.. 125 maybe.. and just ditch 2 stroke or something... let the 250s run either with 250 (or I would even prefer OPEN like everywhere else that you can race besides cra)

they will give you a utility quad class if the first gate of quads pull a disc and the second gate drop of quads pull a water
barrel.
p

how bout a run what ya brung class. this way you can race your utility quad, 125, 500, trike, side by side, van, your dog, a turtle, motorhome, schoolbus, space shuttle or anything you could dream of.

Back