1978 kawasaki "works" kx250 a4

I'd love to have either one of them, the '76 is up the road from me, about an hour and a half away.

I'm sure that the 76 is Vintage AHRMA legal . Even though the cut off for most Vintage legal bikes is usually 1974 the Kaw's are legal until 76 because there were no major advancements from the earlier KX's . I raced against a number of them ( 250 and 400 cc models ) in my vintage classes and they had plenty of motor and seemed to handle really well .

VERY nice lookin Kaws! I've not owned a vintage Kaw but hear it's hard to find parts for them?

I believe Randy is correct, from what I've read. I also hear the same, Mooch. Still think it would be a neat ride to have. I actually wanted a KX125 over the Elsinore in '74, just to be different and have that cool green bike.

There is an early KX125 " builder " on evilbay right now . Looks like a decent core bike . Parts are out there . A buddy even had a fairly rare '74 KX450 and found parts to restore it ( AWESOME POWER ! ) . Seems like somebody somewhere specializes in almost every brand . Just hard to locate them at times . One of the reasons I ended up with Husqvarnas is the parts availability , especially here in Ohio .

Back